Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Battle of the Sexes


Seriously, there is something so genetically incompatible between men and women. Something in most women's programming that makes them want things to look nice and something in men's that makes them not want to do the same thing twice... ever.

For example, making the bed. I think it looks nice. It makes me feel like I've officially started my day. When I make it, my hubby just shakes his head and smiles at me like I'm either insane or I have way too much time on my hands. Neither of which is true, let me assure you.

If I ask him to make it then he is confused. He looks at me as if I just asked him solve some advanced calculus in his head or something. He doesn't understand why we have to clean up something that 12 hours later we will just make into a mess again. To him, this is the never-ending cycle of madness--make the bed, mess it up, make the bed, mess it up--forever. To me, this is a peaceful room and I LOVE crawling into sheets on a bed that is made... I know it's silly but it just feels cleaner LOL!

I'm telling you, it's a darn good thing they have dimples, and are somewhat handy or the species would soon be extinct! :)

So... I say... to men! May they always have the patience to put up with us, and may we always enjoy their biceps--HUGS! I mean hugs! erm... the end.

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHH! I SOOO get this! It's awesome! It's soo true! I love it! They seriously never get it do they? MEN! I always tell my hubby it's a good thing he's cute... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm...I don't make my bed in the morning. *ducks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Melissa! What a confession! I'm shocked and appalled! :P Heehee :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bed maker here either. :) And I used to move/haul furnitue and cleaned houses for 10 years, so my muscles are pretty well developed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! Angie is buff! :) I am surrounded by a bunch of messy bed people! How did this happen??! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I will add to the confession train...I never make my bed. I have the same excuse as your husband. But I will agree with you that men and women are completely, insanely different and I don't know how we manage to perpetuate the population.

    ReplyDelete