Monday, May 18, 2009

What I learned on summer vacation...

I've been crazy busy lately, so sorry I haven't been posting as much. I just wanted to quickly share a couple of links that I have found the most helpful lately.

First, is this Writer's Digest article on "Five Steps to Strengthen Your Scenes." I thought it was fascinating and spot on! (see look! I sound like I'm a British movie-star!)

Second, is this post from agent Rachelle Gardner on knowing when in a writer's career we should be focusing on art and when on business. [Yes, sometimes they overlap. ;)]

Third is a post from my friend, Aprilynne Pike. Who just debuted at number SIX on the NYT Bestseller List!!! Seriously, one of the most exciting things I've seen, pop on by and congratulate her! Then read this post and you'll understand why she deserves it! :)

Have a lovely and productive Monday! Cheerio! (teehee)

9 comments:

  1. Looks like some great links! I'll be checking them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the links, Jenn! I looked at the first one, but the Rachelle Gardner link didn't work for me. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought that Aprilynne Pike book last week. I can't wait to read it. It looks really good. My daughter get to read it first though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Aprilynne's post. I'm going to spend tomorrow looking at the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle's link should be working now. Thanks for the tip Davin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're getting some good work in. I understand about the crazy busy, so ride the wave while ya can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, thanks for all the great links. As I wrote that I just understood your pic. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just bought Aprilynne's book -- showed it off to my students; they're eating it up! Can't wait to actually have a moment and sit down & read it myself.

    ReplyDelete