Saturday, May 9, 2009

You know I don't do this, but...














I have to show you the cutest picture of my adorable boys in honor of Mother's Day Weekend. :D

They are the reason I love being a Mom. :)

Let me share a story with you that may explain why:

Today my 4-year-old and I were walking back from dropping my 6-year-old off at school. We were talking about which trees and flowers we liked, when he noticed two bushes next to each other. One was green and lush, the other was almost white and dead.

He asked me how it died and why it turned white and a few other similar questions. I saw this as another golden learning opportunity.

We talked about how plants can die if they aren't watered enough, or if a bad bug starts eating it. Then I really got going, I explained how plants breathe out what people breathe in and vice versa. I explained how plants were beautiful and very important. I explained how if a plant dies, it turns white because the green in the leaves is what helps them drink water and get nutrients, I explained photosynthesis--yes, you read that right. I explained photosynthesis to a 4-year-old.

He listened quietly and nodded a lot. After I finished, I thought I was a genius for taking such advantage of this opportunity.

Him: Mommy, can I ask a question?
Me: Sure, sweetie, what is it?
Him: Well, you know how when you're outside and you breathe out for the plants, so you open your mouth?
**at this point, I'm thinking, Yay! He got it! the plants use what we breathe out! I'm a mothering genius!**
Me: Yes?

Him: Well, is that when the bugs can fly in?
Me: --Fly in what? your mouth?
Him: Yeah

*crickets chirping*

Me: Yes, if your mouth is open and you're outside, then I guess a bug could fly in.
Him: Yeah, I thought so. I don't like bugs in my mouth. The plants aren't that pretty.

The End

So, to sum it up.

If you don't think plants are pretty enough to end up with a bug in your mouth--then don't breathe when you are outside.

Thanks and Have a Happy Mother's Day!
~~~~~8~~~@

4 comments:

  1. LMAO! Love it. Kids have the world figured out so much better than adults. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL! That is so funny! I love that! Kids really do say the darnest things! And I must say that you are an awesome mother that you even thought to attempt to explain Photosynthesis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheeee, love it! Happy Mommy Day.

    ReplyDelete