Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Race Is On!

Or maybe it's the waiting... the waiting is on.

Yes, folks, that's right--I started querying this weekend. Most I sent out yesterday, but I did a few of my favorites agents that I've built relationships with on friday.

I can't decide whether I want to pull my hair out or jump for joy. Finally, Oracle is ready. Finally I can feel REALLY good about sending it out.

Now, I just need someone to request it.................

In order to distract myself during this time of intense discomfort, I am going to provide you with the lyrics of an old song that jumped into my head when I saw the above picture. It is clever. It is fun. It is country. (What? I told you my tastes were eclectic)

Let's see if I can remember it.

The Race Is On by Sawyer Brown

Chorus:
Now the race is on
and here comes pride in the backstretch
Heartaches goin' to the inside
My tears are holdin' back
They're tryin' not to fall
My hearts out of the runnin'
True love's scratched for another's sake
The race is on and it looks like heartaches
and the winner loses all

Okay, that's all I can remember... but it is such a fun song (the lyrics are quite misleading). It makes me want to dance. Let me see if I can find the video and we can have a blog dance party to distract me! :P



Okay... wow. I guess I forgot this was from the 80's. I love their outfits though, a couple of those outfits look like the lead singer raided MC Hammer's wardrobe. Hehe... anyway, time to dance! :D

15 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is exciting!!
    Hope you hear good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on querying! The waiting is hard, isn't it? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Now for the painful waiting... Don't worry I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right in the waiting race, too. Sometimes I stalk my inbox and other times I completely forget about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! It is nice to know I'm not alone in the waiting world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, Jenn! Welcome to the land of waiting. It's, uh...okay, I'm not gonna lie, it's hard. But I'm here for you, so just drop a line whenever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! what an exciting time! I am rooting for you -- ! yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing! And congrats on sending out queries! It's so hard to get to this point, and then it just gets harder with the waiting. Especially now, since query numbers have skyrocketed. I've heard more than one agent say she has 500 queries sitting in her inbox, even though she's reading them every day. Yikes!

    I just went through the querying stage, so I feel for ya. All that waiting was miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're gonna get a ton of requests. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May your requests be many and your time in the query pool be short. I've been there since April and I'm all withered. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the race! And as I know, things are already paying off! I'm so excited I'm giddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats. I hope to be joining you in that race very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with everything!! I hope you get a request. My theme song during querying is usually "Another One Bites the Dust," by Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natalie - thanks for the support :)

    Kat - Thanks :) *squeal*

    Tabitha - I know, those numbers are intimidating, aren't they?

    Candi - you are SO not Simon! ;)

    ElanaJ - eek! Well I hope your time will come to it's end soon--with an awesome agent :)

    Michelle - hehe YAY! :D

    Patti - Thanks! Welcome to the club :P

    B.J. - haha, I love that song :)

    ReplyDelete