Friday, September 4, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week



















1 - The motion depicted in this image hurts. Don't try it at home.

2 - When querying/waiting on submissions it is necessary to have many cheerleaders in the wings and a gallon of ice cream in the freezer.

3 - Cool people who love orange do get cool agents sometimes. (CONGRATS NATALIE! :D )

4 - Window insulation can also be used to replace skin when necessary.

5 - Clicking refresh on your e-mail browser does not encourage people to write you e-mails faster.

6 - Candles make everything better.

7 - I know a lot of VERY cool people... yes, I'm talking about you.

8 - Four-year-olds just "get it" sometimes.

9 - The best feeling in the world is hearing your first teenage fan gush about your book.

10 - I love feeling appreciated. (Thanks Nathan!)

11 comments:

  1. That's a great list of things to have learned. And here's a virtual hug since Nathan said to hug a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LW - Aww thanks! :D I needed that.
    *hugs right back*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Yes, refreshing does NOTHING! What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean refreshing doesn't work? I've wasted so much time and ice cream is a definite must. I'm stocking up.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to meet up soon so I can give you a hug. And more ice cream wouldn't hurt either. Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, number 4??? Clarify.

    Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so totally zeroing in on your agent. I've seen it many times. And I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys rock! *Hugs to all*

    Kasie - Let's just say one of my hands may or may not now have an additional layer of skin... with a yellowish hue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful list, and yes, isn't Nathan awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to know more about the first teenage fan of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patience is an overrated virtue. But apparently a much needed one for writers. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete