Monday, September 21, 2009

I Love Smart People

I've made a discovery. Without warning, and clearly without knowledge, I've been surrounded by smart people. I don't know why they've chosen me--but I like it.

They are always there, to give advice, to help with decision making--it's like my own personal extra brain to help with my thinking process.

I ask them questions, and they answer. And their answers make sense. And the topics vary, everything from book questions to what color to paint my house. They know everything...

It's spooky.

My suggestion to all of you, find the smart people. Charm them into helping you. Or you could just do what I did--look like you seriously need help.

If you need it, they will come.

And also, thank you to my own personal smart people. You know who you are. ;)

12 comments:

  1. What a nice post. I think writers, ones who are willing to push themselves, all end up being smart. The effort of having to think that hard about your words makes you focus your thoughts and be logical. So, we're all surrounded by smarties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need some people like that in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heartwarming post! But you know, I've always heard it's the smart people who draw other smart people. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are undoubtedly one of my smart people! I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE SMART PEOPLE TOO. They captivate me. I take their little nuggets and hold on to them for future reference. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very lucky to be surrounded by smart people too. Sometimes they make me feel dumb, but mostly I love them and appreciate that they have expertise that I will never have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love smart people. I think I'll go seek some out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so true that you should surround yourself with people better than you. It helps lift me up to where I wish I could be on my own. Glad you have some smarties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, you've discovered the secret, I think I might be getting dumped soon when proven un-useful. :) I'm glad you're one of my token "smart people". Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean! I have smart people in my life too. And I love them to pieces. Who knows where I'd be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always asking questions, looking for better answers, and so I suppose sometimes I seem un-smart. However, I believe the smartest people listen to other smart people. So I must be smart, except that I said "un-smart" which isn't really a word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hear! Hear! I'm with you on this one. It's so nice to have people around you can ask about stuff. The great thing I've found is that they love helping and sharing what they know.

    ReplyDelete