Friday, September 11, 2009

Too--Many--Hats

As writers we wear many hats. We have the writer hat, the editor hat, the revising hat, the rewriting hat, the cheerleader hat, the critique hat, the driving-myself-crazy-can't-I-leave-well enough-alone hat... and these are just that hats we wear for our careers. This doesn't include the countless family hats we also wear.

Sometimes our closet gets so cluttered with hats we can't find the right one. We get confused and lose pieces of our identities.

That's when we know it's time to step back, breathe deep, and take a break.

For me, that is this weekend. :)

So while I'm visiting the beaches of Southern Cali, I wanted to leave you with this thought? Do you still know where all your hats are and how to use them? If so, you might end up fabulous--like this guy, Sam Tsui.




Yep--that is all one person. Isn't he awesome? We can do great things with our hats, if we can just manage to use them all correctly.

Have a great weekend! :)

11 comments:

  1. Okay, that was so cool! I did a post this week about music being an inspiration, but this gives that concept a whole new meaning. Have fun at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me smile, and great analogy...his many selves making one wonderful masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your analogy. I have way too many hats right now.....and a crown or two. Tough keeping it all straight.

    Enjoy your beach!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got that right. I have to change hats so often that I sometimes I forget which one I'm wearing. :) But if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish much with all those hats. :)

    Great post! And enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of hats, yep. I think that's why I'm constantly feeling out of breath. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hats. Especially in big public settings. Gives me something to hide under. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally loved that. I admire anyone who can sing since I can't carry a note. Great hat analogy. It's amazing that we have room in our closets for all those hats we wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn I may not be a writer, but I love reading your posts because they are so positive and just make you feel good!! Thanks for being your fantabulous self!

    ReplyDelete