Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10 Things I Learned This Week---Thanks To H1N1 aka Swine Flu

I am sick, so I'm interrupting my regularly scheduled posts for this list. Why? Because I'm on a serious amount of NyQuil and it sounded like a good idea at the time.

10 Things I Learned This Week---Thanks To H1N1 aka Swine Flu

1 - The sinuses are a great and under-utilized storage space. Seriously, the amount of crap I am currently carrying around in my head would easily fill two of what my husband calls my "unnecessarily large" purses.

2 - Lungs, when filled with gunk, don't work as well for other purposes.

3 - Fevers must have been thought up during God's day off. Some under-noticed assistant let the power go to his head and now we all have to pay for it.

4 - When anyone in the family gets sick, Mom gets sick.

5 - Dad locks himself in garage and avoids all contact with everyone until the danger has passed. Thus making him the most intelligent and least liked person in the family.

6 - Sick kids make the best cuddlers.

7 - IF you manage to get your night-time coughing under control, someone else in the family will start coughing loud enough to keep you awake.

8 - My house doesn't contain enough blankets or chicken noodle soup.

9 - The amount of hugs necessary in a given day is inversely proportional to how healthy my kids feel.

10 - Some women have that whole sexy, raspy thing going on when they're sick---I do not. I sound like Kermit---as a bass---it's not pretty.

23 comments:

  1. Having just been sick last week with the exact same symptoms I can totally feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ug. feel better! had the flu in September and again in October. I'm finally just getting better. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're sick. Hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you, but thanks for making me laugh while u get better. Now go rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. My husband has been sick with swine flu like symptoms for the past few days. So far the rest of the family is unscathed. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This list was freaking hysterical. Number five made me choke on my burrito.

    So what does your husband do in his garage anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very good question, Ray. If he ever comes out, I will ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The smartest and least liked... that made me laugh out loud (so much so that I didn't even abbreviate). Aww Jenn, that really stinks. Hope it passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sick last week, too, so I know how you feel. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, no! Feel better!

    I'm feeling a litle sick now. (Sore throat, etc..) I think I got something because of that recycled air on the plane. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh-oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. (But what an entertaining way to post about it!) I hope it's a quick recovery for you and your family.

    So far we've just had minor cold stuff. But with the way this stuff's going around, I'm bracing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! So is it swine flu? I just got vaccinated yesterday at my OB appt. My husband likewise avoids us all when we are sick. Just mean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yuck! Hope you are on the mend soon!

    I was laid up on my couch for like 4-5 days....but my head was clear (back issues). At least I got some good writing out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You REALLY have the swine flu? Did the confirm it? I'm so sorry. I got the regular flu shot, but I haven't had the other one.

    The good news is you are clearly able to approach it with a sense of humor. :-) Get better and tell your husband to get out of the garage and make you some hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that you feel better soon! My youngest daughter had the same symptoms a few weeks ago, and I had virtually no sleep for three days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your lessons. Sick kids definitely do need more cuddles. And mom's always do catch the sickness.


    I hope the whole household gets well very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you feel back to normal soon (along with everyone else in the house!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. The swine flu is really making it's rounds. I hope you feel better soon!!

    PS: Kermit is still pretty cool in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh. I think all of UT may currently have the Swing Flu. It's been hitting all of my UT family hard.

    I hope you feel better soon... and, at least, your sense of humor survived. (I felt guilty for laughing during your post--for the record.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you're feeling better. That list was funny. And I would agree that when you are sick you sound SICK! :) I hope I don't get the swine flu ever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you are completely well by now and this hysterical list is just a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  22. sorry you're sick. Hope you all feel better soon.
    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete