Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Answers! I have all the answers!

Okay, so maybe not all the answers...but more than I had last week!

Janna asked:
What would it take to get you a job as a stand-up comedienne? & Would you consider a creative passion other than writing?

Ha! It would probably take an exorbitant amount of money...paid to the stand-up club. I can't think on my feet, that's why I'm a writer! However, flattery will get you everywhere. *hugs*

I used to love painting, but I was never very good at it. I also love to sing.

L.T. Elliot asked:
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

It would have to be Mint Oreo...but I'm kind of an ice cream snob. I prefer mine to be mushed up right in front of me, or better yet, frozen with fancy chemicals like liquid nitrogen. I <3 SubZero.

Stina Lindenblatt asked:
Favorite type of chocolate? With nuts or cream centered?

My husband is from Finland. They make amazing, dream-worthy chocolate up there. There is one brand that I can't pronounce, or spell for that matter, but it has this wafer thing inside and it's to die for.

Jonathon Arntson asked:
If you became trapped on an island with Calypso for the rest of your life, but you became fast friends and she allowed to choose a new island on which to live out your abduction, what island would you choose and why?

I think I would choose Kauai, because it's gorgeous, warm, and they have this amazing ice cream/shaved ice/coconut milk concoction that should be outlawed due to sheer awesomeness.

Kimberly Franklin asked:
Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what?

Yes, and no. I actually listen to music before I start writing, because I have an inability to hear songs I like without singing along, which then makes the writing side of my brain angry because it's easily distracted. With the two creative brain giants fighting, I get no writing done.

It's a disease really. I need help.

As for what, I tend to find songs that define certain characters. If I'm writing a scene with those characters, I listen to their music to help me get in their heads.

Melissa asked:
How long have you been writing? How many completed books do you have?

I've been officially writing for about a year and a half. I have one completed ms, two others under construction, and a bucketfull on the back burner.

Amber Lynae asked: Please tell us the stories of your worst and your best dates.

Wow, hmm--my worst date would have to be when a boy asked me to a dance by giving me a toilet seat...yes, you read that right...a toilet seat. It read, "Don't dump on me!" Talk about romantic.

My best date was when my husband had his dad take me up in an airplane and fly me around the coast of Finland. Afterward, we saw where he grew up, and sat on the dock by his house at sunset. Then he asked me to marry him. *sigh*

Candice asked: You seem to have been through quite a list of physical ailments in the past few months. Do you think any of them has given you superhero immunity? Or is it possible that the combination has caused cellular mutation and endowed you with an undiscovered power? And if so what do you think your power will be?

LOL Candi! Let's see. I'm going to go with yes, at least to the second part. It's pretty clear to anyone who knows me that something has gone awry. Mutation is a likely cause. I'm pretty sure my undiscovered power is the ability to make people suffer from similar ailments. You can call me Captain Contagious! Be afraid...be very afraid.

My weakness, of course, is that I tend to call in sick alot. ;)

V.S. asked:
What is your favorite book?

Oh dear. Talk about a tough question. Maybe I could pick one per genre? Or one per decade? Or one per author? :D I'm naming two, even though you didn't ask for two, but um... tough! Two favorites are: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. LOVE THEM!

Sara McClung asked:
If your novel is turned into a movie, who would you want to play the main characters?

Oh Sara, how I love to ponder this question. In fact, I've even devoted an entire blog post to it last year. Check it out here. You too can love Cam the way I do. :D *sigh...again*

Patti asked: If you could talk to any author in person by yourself for a whole afternoon, who would it be?

Hmm... I think I'd have to say J.K. Rowling. Because man, maybe I can absorb some of that talent by osmosis.

Kasie West asked: What would it take to convince you to give me your hair? I've thought extensively about this and I've decided I can either: a - make it into a wig for myself, or 2 - weave it into my own hair.

Oh my dear Kasie, you so don't want my hair. It's like having an extra tempermental child that enjoys giving you headaches and throwing tantrums at the most inopportune moments. In fact, have it! I think if anyone can pull off clumps of red curls in the midst of straight blonde bunches, it's you. ;)

Debbie asked: If you could write your own TV show, what would it be about? What role would I play? :)

Alright, picture the show "24" but with a female Jack Bauer. That would be you. I think you could totally make it work. When should we start shooting? :)

giddymomof6 asked: If you could have any super power what would it be?

I think I'd want to be like the Oman in my book and have them all! Muahahaha! Ahem--but if I had to pick one, it would be the power to see the future. Some lottery numbers would come in pretty handy right about now.

~~~~~
Thanks for the questions guys! That was super fun! :)

17 comments:

  1. I love the answers. And I think you would make a great stand up comedian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my question!

    Great Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answers! And I would love to chat with JK Rowling, too. Think of all the stuff we could learn:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice job getting to all those questions. Your diligence is contagious. Oh, and nice answer to my Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such great answers, Jenn. I'm sorry about you not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you on the music. I end up singing (badly) instead of writing.

    I loooove Finnish chocolate, too. I can't remember the one you're talking about, but I might be going to Finland this spring. So I'll be sure to do some research and eat some for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the answers and the plane date now that's awesome. I'll have to tell my husband about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! and Stina...I am green with envy right now! You lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came by your blog only recently and love it, so I'll definitely be back. Way to go. I'm still trying to figure out bloglife, but I'm getting better at it. My biggest question would be--how do you manage keeping up with blogs (both following and writing) AND keeping up with writing? Anyone???
    Oh, and I remember you from the LDStorymakers conference a year ago. We were at the same table for bootcamp! Are you finished with the story you were working on then?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers! I can't believe you don't listen to music while you write though. It blocks out the chaos of the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I had seen that post with your characters. Cam is soooo yummy.

    And, as to your answer to my question, you better watch out, I'm staying with you next week and have full access to your hair. It's mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun, Jenn. I love Mint Oreo, too - and your hair would be SOOOO worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome engagement story. Sigh is right. You should include that in a future novel. :)
    And now I really want ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A toilet seat...seriously? What was that guy thinking? If you're Capt. Contagious I better figure out where to acquire some immunity before my visit next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, I have been recently diagnosed with chronic blog-stalking slash procrastinationitis. I just started my blog this week and found you and will continue to stalk, ahem, I mean follow you.
    Come by and check me out. I just finished writing my first YA MS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenn you crack me up! I love this! And your answers are awesome!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete