Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

I received three awards this last week! THREE! I'm not always the best at passing these things on, but I'm going to do my best today. :)

The first is the Prolific Blogger Award. Thanks Shannon!

Here are the rules:
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to the original post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we can all gete to know the other winners.

I'm only doing one because I like breaking the rules, so I pass this award to: Carolyn V. because she's so cute and I really enjoy her blog.


I received the Picasso award from Little Scribbler. Thanks! With this award I am supposed to state seven facts about myself and with the next award I'm supposed to do ten facts that make me happy so I'll just do ten (five of each) and it will count for both... mostly because I'm not that interesting that I can think of 17 things. :P

1. I have an abnormal passion for black olives--yes, I still put them on my fingertips like puppets.
2. I have the two cutest little boys in the world--also, I may or may not be biased.
3. I'm loyal to a fault, my mom and I frequently argued about my friends in high school--most of the time she was right, but don't tell her I said that.
4. I have painted my house, inside and out, almost entirely in the past year and a half. There are two rooms remaining and it will be 100%
5. I'm kind of handy. I like fixing and making old/broken things new.

Okay, there are my 5 for that one. I'm giving this award to Jenn Wilks for having such a cute blog and being just as cute in person. :)

I received that Happy Award from Stina Lindenblatt. Thanks Stina!

Five things that make me happy are:
1. My husband (yes, his accent is sexy--no, you can't have him)
2. My adorable kids (also, not for sale)
3. My awesome writing friends (depending on their "suggestions" possibly for sale... just kidding! You know I love you!)
4. Books...seriously, what would we do without them?
5. Writer's Conferences/Get Togethers...nothing is better at motivating me to keep going.
This one goes to Jaime Theler for being so happy every time I see her.
*phew* maybe next time I'll try to space them out. We all deserve a cookie after that one.

P.S. Elana, Shelli, and Shannon are all having cool contests this week! Check them out!

12 comments:

  1. Well done! Congratulations! I too am bad at giving out awards, just because I run out of time, but the blogs you have given them too are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool that you're handy. That is not one of my talents. Congrats on the blog awards! It was fun to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be worried about the whole writer-friends-for-sale thing if you hadn't mentioned #3 Loyal to a fault. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - I totally agree. They're awesome!

    Nisa - Thanks! I like fixing things...I'm not always great at it, but I enjoy it.

    Candi - You know I could never sell you, lady. Who else would put up with me? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depending on how much you can get for me and if you'll split the money with me, I will allow you to sell me. :) Did that sound bad? That sounded bad to me. Great answers and good job for posting your awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie - Thanks!

    Kasie...Did you just make me your pimp? lol

    Janna - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been painting for three weeks and I'm already sick of it, so I marvel at your patience. I know all about the loyalty to friends thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award. Stopping in to say hello from Kelly's blog!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Three awards in one week?! You rock! I've been thinking about painting my whole house for a while now. Any chance you want to come help me?

    Thanks for passing on the happy award.:) (Now there's so much pressure to smile all the time...)

    ReplyDelete