The awesome Mary Campbell from Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me gave me this awesome award a couple of weeks ago, so I'm excited to entertain you with my sweet little lies today. :) Thanks Mary!
I'm going to list five lies and one truth, let's see who can see through my skills of illusion! Muahaha...haa...ha...*ahem*
1. I'm a licensed cosmetologist. I used to own/run a salon/day spa and it was a serious amount of fun.
2. I moved all over when I was younger. I've lived in Las Vegas, Ohio, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, California, Washington, Arizona and Nebraska.
3. When I was in high school, my boyfriend's mom thought I was a bad influence on him and banned him from seeing me. I waited for over two years without dating him (or anyone else), or talking on the phone, seeing him at parties, anything--before I finally broke it off.
4. When I was sixteen I got in a very bad car accident. While in shock, they had me fill out an accident report. The officer told me to draw a picture on it. So, I did. I put a lovely house and a smiley sun...no picture of the actual accident, but then... he wasn't specific about that point. Surprisingly, he didn't seem to like my picture.
5. I'm phobic of heights, but I've decided not to let it rule my life. Every year I try to do something to get over it. Rapelling, bungee jumping, skydiving, those free fall things--I've done it all to prove I'm stronger than my fear.
6. I have five official birthday songs that I sing when it's someone's birthday. I figure why go with one when five will do it with style. Of course, by the time I'm done with the fifth one, the person has usually hung up the phone or fallen asleep, but I'm pretty sure they still appreciate me.
Okay, that's it. :) Leave your choice for the truth in the comments. This will be fun.
This award has been passed around a lot, so I'm only giving it to one person and that's Tahereh for being ridiculously, unreasonably hilarious. :)