Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

The awesome Mary Campbell from Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me gave me this awesome award a couple of weeks ago, so I'm excited to entertain you with my sweet little lies today. :) Thanks Mary!

I'm going to list five lies and one truth, let's see who can see through my skills of illusion! Muahaha...haa...ha...*ahem*

1. I'm a licensed cosmetologist. I used to own/run a salon/day spa and it was a serious amount of fun.

2. I moved all over when I was younger. I've lived in Las Vegas, Ohio, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, California, Washington, Arizona and Nebraska.

3. When I was in high school, my boyfriend's mom thought I was a bad influence on him and banned him from seeing me. I waited for over two years without dating him (or anyone else), or talking on the phone, seeing him at parties, anything--before I finally broke it off.

4. When I was sixteen I got in a very bad car accident. While in shock, they had me fill out an accident report. The officer told me to draw a picture on it. So, I did. I put a lovely house and a smiley sun...no picture of the actual accident, but then... he wasn't specific about that point. Surprisingly, he didn't seem to like my picture.

5. I'm phobic of heights, but I've decided not to let it rule my life. Every year I try to do something to get over it. Rapelling, bungee jumping, skydiving, those free fall things--I've done it all to prove I'm stronger than my fear.

6. I have five official birthday songs that I sing when it's someone's birthday. I figure why go with one when five will do it with style. Of course, by the time I'm done with the fifth one, the person has usually hung up the phone or fallen asleep, but I'm pretty sure they still appreciate me.

Okay, that's it. :) Leave your choice for the truth in the comments. This will be fun.

This award has been passed around a lot, so I'm only giving it to one person and that's Tahereh for being ridiculously, unreasonably hilarious. :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm going with #4. :D

    You reminded me that I hadn't posted my truth and lies from Monday. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are tough - you must be a pretty great liar! :-) I think I'm going to go with #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very good at this! Seeing as I have no idea which one is the truth, I'm just going to randomly pick number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are good at this! I don't know why, but I'm going with #3. Final answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the truth is #5. I can just see you singing all these songs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got me with the Fleetwood Mac lyrics! Any gal with FM lyrics in her blog titles MUST be cool. : ) Christine McVie rocks! : )
    I think the truth is the one about moving around a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. This is entertaining so far! :) thanks for participating everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going with #5. You're strong and smart like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm torn between 1 and 5. They both seem true to me from my experiences with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going with #4 it just seems so random and fun... along with all the other selections so I'll be interested to see the answer! I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! New follower here :)) I'm going to guess #3 is true, even though I have yet to correctly guess a blogger's truth with this award...ever!

    Looking forward to reading more from you~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jenn, those are some pretty good lies. I'm going with #2. But if it's #1, we need to get together. My hair needs all the help it can get. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you thank you thank you!!! :D you are SO awesome!!

    ALSO: i think number 3 is the lie! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. #6 is very believable. I'll go with it. We usually do this too and all the candles end up in little puddles on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no idea which one to choose so I will go with all of them... because I'm like that!

    ReplyDelete