Friday, May 14, 2010
10 Reasons to Wish You Didn't Grow Up in the 80's
10 Reasons to Wish You Didn’t Grow Up in the 80’s
1. Fighting the occasional intense urge to put on more than one pair of socks.
2. Resisting the instinct that headbanging makes any song cooler.
3. The sad knowledge that you shouldn’t ever wear your hair that high again.
4. Ignoring the desire to tie your shirt in some kind of knot any time the temperature goes over 65 degrees.
5. Understanding that minus all the hair and plus all the wrinkles, those Hairband idols are significantly less hot.
6. The realization that nearly every celebrity you looked up to back then was high as a kite 99.9% of the time.
7. The follow-up realization that most of them are now in AA or dead—neither state being remotely as entertaining.
8. You still wonder what happened to spandex.
9. The self-loathing that comes from still loving those power ballads even though you comprehend just how cheesy they actually are.
10. Being unable to discern between good hair days and bad hair days.
I decided I needed to make this list when I realized I suffer from all of the above, especially the last one. The other day, I decided my hair sucked and was boring so I cut myself bangs. Yes…bangs…with naturally curly hair.
Someone kill me now.