Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What I Did This Summer...













I'm sure we've all heard the rumors. I've died, I'm in rehab, I've run off with Josh Duhamel. I'm here to assure you, all are false. Even (sadly) the last one.

It may come as a surprise to you, but the truth is much more exciting. This summer, I've been lying on the beach in a tropical resort (a.k.a. digging sprinkler trenches in my back yard), having lotion rubbed on my back by cabana boys (a.k.a. getting licked in the ear by my dog when I passed out from sunstroke), and arranging tropical flowers in a butterfly garden to help focus my Chi (a.k.a. attempting to landscape my own yard with 42 tons of topsoil and 10 tons of rocks).

My summer was swank.

Needless to say, I'm feeling refreshed and focused (a.k.a. frazzled and hysterical).

During my time to reflect, I've made some changes in my life. I've updated my look (a.k.a dyed half of my hair purple--no, I'm not kidding. It seemed like a good idea at the time). Spent more time getting to know myself and those I love (learned an inordinate amount of information about my children's video games). And spent more time exploring my interests (Bachelor Pad, where have you been all my life?).

In short, it was a fantastic summer--but I missed all of you, my writing peeps. How do I love thee, let me count the ways... except not, because math isn't my strong suit. Let's just call it a lot, shall we?

I've also decided that all my creative juices are flowing into my WIP (Insomnia) at the moment. Yes, you can see from the word count on the right that it's getting all kinds of juicy.

So, I have decided to take a cue from the '60's and go for free and easy on my blog for the rest of the year. I'll be posting around 2-3 times per week, but I have no schedule and it won't necessarily be about writing. I know it is shocking, but I have other interests *pause for gasp*. For example: movies, games, t.v. shows, books, martial arts, unagi, experimental surgery, etc. See, I have an interest in most of those things. I'll probably be incorporating my interests into my blog posts regularly. Stay tuned, and also... HI! I MISSED YOU!!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Wow, half of your hair is purple? Are you going to post a pic? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you too and all your hijinks. I bet the backyard is looking swell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back even if it only 3 days a week. You'll need to post pictures of your back yard and your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has been definite progress made, although I can't go back there without weeping. No worries, my therapist says that will pass with time. ;) *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I was so excited when you popped up on my sidebar. I've missed you, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fulfilling summer!!! Good luck with your plan for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've missed you! I just about wrote you an email at 3:00 AM becuase I realized I hadn't heard from your lovliness in a while. *hugs* So glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, your summer sounds like mine. ;) Glad you'll be back a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only post once a week, just so I can save that time for writing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound so refreshed! Maybe you were not at a tropical island, but tending to your own garden can be the best spirit uplifter.

    ReplyDelete