Thursday, October 28, 2010

Look At Me! I'm Growing!

So, I just finished another round of edits on INSOMNIA, and I feel like I'm really close to being done. I'm also preparing to start a new project for NaNo tentatively titled: BION. I have to say, I'm excited. I know they say it's all about just writing, writing, and writing some more, but I'm not one to believe anything they say. They are untrustworthy scoundrels--possibly the villains in a future book.

Turns out this time, they were right. With each new step in the process, I'm amazed at how much easier it is than the last time I did it. Now, granted, the overall process doesn't get much easier because I'm also learning new and better ways to improve my work--and those are still new to me--but I'm so much happier with my results every time.

Is anyone else going through a similar experience. Can I get a hip-hip-hooray for improvement!?

9 comments:

  1. Yay--that's so awesome! *tosses confetti*

    And yes, I have noticed that each round of revision I do I get a little better and it gets a little easier. So I am growing. But man I wish I could grow faster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm approaching the one year mark since I decided to start taking this writing thing a bit more seriously, clamp down, and really work at it--and I am better with my results in a host of different areas.

    Just gotta keep plugging away. That's my motto! Good luck with revisions and Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A definite 3 cheers from me, but where I found the most noticeable difference is when I wrote my next book, so good luck with NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hip, Hip, Hooray! Good luck with NaNo, and finishing Insomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done nanowrimo before, so I'll be trying to figure it out too. We'll see how it goes without editing. That's not normally my style. I always go back through at least once after I've written a chapter. We'll see. If you want to be buds, look for me. MECunningham.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all about where you are as a writer now and getting better. Have fun with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful, wonderful time, Jenn! And what a KILLER book title! You're great at those. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't trust THEM either!;) That was a fast edit!

    ReplyDelete