Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reasons I Think HOUSE Is Doing It Right

I love House. I don't think they've always made the right decisions and to be honest I was quite skeptical coming into the current season. Why? Because it's the first time in seven seasons when the main character, Dr. Gregory House, is in a real relationship.

We've all seen it before. We love a show and we just really want two of the people to get together... but when they finally do, the show loses all it's sizzle. The chemistry they were fighting against was the only thing interesting about the show and now it's gone. We cry into our popcorn buckets and find something else to watch.

Where many others fail. For some reason, House seems to be succeeding. It fascinates me, because his nature alone, makes him horrible in relationships and everyone around him knows it. He's manipulative, selfish, and insulting--truly one of the most flawed characters on t.v. Because of these traits, I was afraid they would have to change him to make the relationship work, and in a way, they did--but they did it masterfully. (in my opinion, anyway)

The creators took these traits and instead of getting rid of them, they twisted them around so he now seems to be using them to keep his relationship going. For me, it really works. We get to see House being his normal, terrible self, AND he gets to be in a relationship. In some ways, it's made the show more interesting.

Anyone else watch it?

11 comments:

  1. I do watch House, but I am a season behind! Your comments make me really want to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen it. I watch mostly sports on TV, although I do love to watch Dr. Who and Medium! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to watch it, but never have. I may have to netflix it, since we're almost finished with another series..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. And I'm loving it. They're definitely doing something right this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, this makes me want to watch the show again. I can't even imagine how House could possibly make a relationship work out. I am in shock-maybe he should try to resuscitate me. I wonder who he is in a relationship with. I am so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right! I love the show, and in the past was worried when they seemed to be straying into kind of a weird place with the show, so was very glad to see it back on track - but like you, this season I wondered how they would make this 'relationship' thing work ... and so far, I'm happy - interested - intrigued.

    He is one of the most interesting, complicated characters on TV and that keeps me tuning in every week.

    Although, I sure wish they would have kept on the Asian doctor from last night - she was interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched it for a bit then it didn't fit into my schedule anymore. But I thought it was always a GREAT show when I watched it.
    And yeah, you're so right. when a TV show finally puts a couple together it always spells disappointment. I'm so glad it's not the case with House. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a faithful watcher of house. I watch it off and on. But when I do watch it, I love it. Maybe I'll have to break down sometime and watch it from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen it for a while. I had no idea he was in a relationship. Now I'm curious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never watched House. My sisters think I'm an abomination. Maybe I should start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this show too. I love how he lies and twists everything to his advantage. Is it that we all have that inside us? Is that why we love to hate and love to love him? I'm guessing yes.

    ReplyDelete