10 Things I've Learned About Perseverance
1. Nothing about this job is easy.
2. The rejections always come before the requests.
3. Each book will be better than the last.
4. Dreams are worth reaching for, even if you pull a few muscles along the way.
5. Sometimes the perfect agent is the 7th query, the 20th query, or the 80th query... but it is almost never the 1st.
6. It's always too early to quit.
7. Taking a break is not the same as quitting.
8. Everyone has a different timeline for their success. Judging your timeline against that of others helps no one.
9. Ability to learn is worth more than natural talent every day of the week.
10. It only takes one yes.
Have a wonderful weekend, and keep trying.