Monday, January 10, 2011

Santa Brought Me A Boot For Christmas



Hello 2011! I've been somewhat out of commission for the last couple of weeks due to ankle surgery and the beautiful red boot I got from Santa. I get it off on the 18th, but at least now I'm allowed to walk on it.

Me on crutches = not so cute/happy.

So, what else is up? I'm starting a new project tentatively titled SWEPT. It rocks my socks off. I'm going to be finishing up the last two Top Ten lists this week, and I'm starting querying for INSOMNIA which makes me want to jump up and down and curl up in a ball at the same time. (Surprisingly hard to do, especially in a big red cast and on crutches)

What are you all doing in January? Anything exciting happening for you?

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your ankle! That's awesome that you're starting your querying, though. Exciting and scary!

    I'm planning on doing some final revisions on my book this month, and sending it out to a few betas. And then...deep breath...I'll be querying too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. Congrats on finishing your novel and getting ready to submit though! Don't curl into a ball, it will hurt! Take deep breaths and cast your baby out into the wild with good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple toenails! I'm querying my chapter book, which leaves me feeling ill most of the time. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking, being laid up on the sofa with a cast would be a great excuse to get some writing done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the surgery does what it's supposed to. Nice cast graffiti. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boot, not the fact you had surgery though!

    Hope it heals asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate that you're hurt. Anything I can do?

    ReplyDelete