Top 10 Things I've Learned About Ideas
1. There is always a better idea.
2. The best idea in the world will only get your foot in the door.
3. Truly unique ideas are rare to nonexistent, but good ideas are plentiful.
4. Execution can turn a fairly mundane idea into a great story, but it doesn't work the other way around.
5. There is no idea that everyone will love.
6. Ten people can have the same idea and come up with radically different stories.
7. The wrong character can ruin a great idea. Make your characters and your ideas fit together.
8. Brainstorming is a necessary part of the creative process.
9. The first twist to an idea is usually the most obvious one.
10. Taking an idea and pushing it farther than other writers might can turn a good idea into a great one.
That's it for today. There will be one more Top 10 list on Friday. Until then, how do you come up with your best ideas?