Friday, January 21, 2011

Writing Excuses

I just wanted to do a quick plug today for the Writing Excuses podcasts by Brandon Sanderson, Howard Tayler, and Dan Wells. If you've never listened to one of these, you need to. They've been podcasting for a few years and you can find a podcast on most writing topics. Each episode is 15 minutes long (because you're in a hurry, and we're not that smart) <--their tagline. I love it.

Anyway, you can find them at www.writingexcuses.com and I very much recommend it. Some of my favorites are this episode on horror,
this one on pacing (for those of you who've read the Maze Runner series, it features James Dashner), and this one on suspense. Go check it out. They're hilarious and remarkably insightful.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! And Sanderson definitely makes me think. "The Way of Kings" had my mind buzzing so much that I'd wake up thinking about parts of it, wondering what things meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I need more hilarity in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those podcasts, and the tagline is always hilarious every time they say it. Thanks for reminding me of this great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked their recent 'cast on Offending Your Reader... where they changed the tagline to "Because WE'RE in a hurry, and YOU'RE not that smart." :)

    Seriously--every writer should listen every week. Especially wanna-be's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never listened/been to their site - will get m'sef over there to see/listen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I frickin' love Writing Excuses. Good stuff, that.

    ReplyDelete