Monday, February 21, 2011

Something, Something, Something--Dark Side (again)

I'm still recovering from a wonderful weekend of writerly conference bliss. I always feel like my tank is refilled after spending time with other writers. However, staying up until after 2am several nights in a row does require a bit of resting up before I'm ready to dive back in. So, one more revisit to a fun post from about a year ago.

...I'm beginning to wonder why all my old posts involve injuries to my body or my pride. I'll ponder that while I take a nap on my couch.

There is something sinister going on at Gold's Gym. Not to worry, it isn't just any Gold's Gym--it isn't even my Gold's Gym--it is a nearby Gold's Gym that has gone over to the dark side.

Trust me, we're talking wicked voodoo magic here. It's the only possible explanation for the events that have occurred in this particular gym location...or at least the only one I'm willing to admit.

Regular readers of my blog may already be aware of another *ahem* mishap I had on a gym excursion before. It may have involved a treadmill and a Cardio Cinema--lethal combination. This is part of my proof that something dark is happening here because it was at the SAME GYM LOCATION! *buh buh buum!*

Let me tell you of the unfortunate incident that occurred on Friday, February 26th, 2010.

It was a cold, wet day. I was in a different part of town than I usually roam. A place known in local circles as A.F. I went about my routine as usual. I swam my laps, then stretched in the hot tub and sauna--exactly as I do several times a week in my own gym to no ill effect. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred. After a few minutes in the steam room, I grabbed my towel and walked into the locker room.

As usual, I'd forgotten which locker I had placed my bag in. I paced back and forth, trying to remember where I'd been standing, but somehow...everything seemed different. Finally, I remembered it had been locker 13. Yes, locker 13--mysterious, no? That was when it hit me...

I was surrounded by men.

Men in towels, with jaws hanging wide open.

Yes, I'd been walking around in the men's locker room for over a minute.

Naturally, I handled the situation with grace and dignity. I threw my towel over my head, screamed, "Aaahhh, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" and ran out of the locker room.

As I stood, panting by the pool, I couldn't help but hear the outburst of laughter from the men who'd witnessed my unfortunate incident.

Now you've seen the evidence, you decide. Were there sinister machinations at work? Or was I just silly enough not to realize that the locker rooms were swapped from their locations at my normal gym?

One word of warning. Your responses may or may not determine whether I give you a cookie.

10 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Heck. Jenn, I almost walked in to the men's room at LTUE but was fortunate to have a guy behind me warn me before I'd done more than push on the first door.

    Why didn't any of those men say something before you'd wandered around so long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent question, Donna. I think they didn't tell me because that would've required them to stop staring at me in dumbfounded amusement...

    But next time I see them, I'll ask. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! Sorry Jenn but that is PRICELESS! Good thing you tossed the towel over your head after you realized where you were! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL This is one of my favorite stories ever. :) So funny.

    You stayed up until after 2am all weekend?? Who was crazy enough to do that with you?? :) Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you threw the towel over your head! Yep, this story still cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEK!! That was embarrassing! Thanks for sharing and making us laugh! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent your this post i like that .great idea and nice details shared in the post . fantastic your story and best your thought thanks

    Romantic Dinner Bruges

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this story and laughed just as hard the second time. I'm thinking you and gyms don't get along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

    *big breath*

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

    Was that an okay response? Now can I have my cookie? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn, you've got to get more control, predict the unpredictable, to avoid reactions like that. I mean, what if all the MEN reacted that way, and threw THEIR towels over their head??? :)

    It reminds me of the ostrich sticking its head in a hole so as to hide. (True fact: Ostriches don't actually do this!) But humans do!LOL!

    ReplyDelete