Wednesday, March 2, 2011

American Idol & The Universe

It has to be said. I love American Idol. There are so many things to love about it... and now that it has J-Lo and Steven Tyler it just added two new things. If that wasn't enough, this group of contestants this year are freaking unbelievable.

I mean, dude... seriously... for reals.

With the guys performances last night I just kept thinking--wow, that was fantastic, he's clearly the leader. And then the next guy would come out, and I'd think it all over again.

Do you guys watch AI? What do you think of this season and the new contestants/judges? Do tell.

Now, about the Universe (Hereafter referred to as BOB--for no particular reason). I've heard many a story of aspiring writers making deals with BOB. Now it's my turn.

American Idol has inspired me. Some of you may know that I did a lot of singing in high school and a big group of my friends went to Vegas and auditioned a few years ago--I wanted to go (for the experience, if nothing else), but I didn't.

So, here is the deal BOB... help me move forward in my writing career... and I will post a recording/video of myself singing the song I'd planned to sing for my AI audition for the mocking pleasure of all internet-goers for all time.

If that happens, I will need your support. Just like all those other people who audition for AI and then the music industry has to take out a restraining order... I'm counting on hugs, tissues and chocolate.

That is all. I'm now officially at BOB's mercy.

9 comments:

  1. BOB, pleeeeeaaase help Jenn because I love her and I so have to see that video!!!! And, yes, American Idol is the best. Casey Abrams is my man this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to hear you sing.

    I didn't think I'd like AI, but it's so much better and I agree with Candice Casey Abrams is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to hear you sing! I'm a singer as well, but am definitely not good enough for AI. I haven't watched this season. I usually do, but I keep forgetting it's on. Oh well. I've heard the judges and the contestants this year are good though! :) I'm cheering you on in your writing career!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this I want to see. :D

    I haven't watched the show since Jennifer Hudson was on it. No time. I'm saving myself for SYTYCD (the Canadian version).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob, lol. Love that. :)

    I didn't know you were a singer! I wanna seeeeee. Come on, Bob. Pull through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go, BOB. I can't wait to see that video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love Amercian Idol. But I haven't watched it in years. It all seemed like the same story with different characters after a couple years.
    Don't hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on, Bob!! We want to hear her sing. Now, I'm off to buy tissues and chocolate. Until then, ((hugs)). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so brave! And awesome! But to take the tension out of things, I can totally vouch for your voice. You sing beautifully! No shocker for me. No taunting for you!

    However, I will appeal to BOB to pave the way. Get to it, BOB...or else!

    ReplyDelete