Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

I've been spending a lot of time working on/thinking about/drooling over the love interests in my new project. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this part of the book so much and frankly, it's distracting.

So, while I'm busy with all the love and er... drool... I was just wondering what your opinions are on the classics. The love triangle, the bad boy, the couple that you know should be together--but they never seem to figure it out, etc.

Which of these types of scenarios are you sick of? Which do you love to read? Which do you hate? Which do you enjoy writing?

I know a lot of these are cliche, but assuming there is a twist and it isn't your generic been there, done that. Do tell. I'm very curious.

10 comments:

  1. I still love the love triangle. I can't help it. And I must say that I can now officially join you in your love/drool fest after meeting your incredible characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all. As long as they are done well (minus excessive whining) I never get sick of them. Bring it on, Jenn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Kasie, I like them all if they are done well. I'm not a huge fan of the ones where a girl picks one guy out of two perfect guys in the first book, and then changes her mind in the second book, and has to choose between them AGAIN in the third book! Drives me crazy! Obviously I still read them though... I'm a huge sucker for a bad boy. Drool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sick of the love triangle. A lot of books I've read recently with love triangles feel either forced or gratuitous, and most of them weren't well-developed. I knew too little about each character, and I didn't actually care who the MC ended up with. I'd love to see something more complex or, barring that, at least a love triangle with well-developed characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy just about any well-written love story (and a few that aren't well-written). Just make sure you have some sort of believable obstacle and I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Lori just about summed up my thoughts on love triangles! I just want to see complex people in a real (and complex) relationship, no matter the type of relationship it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am tire of the love triangle. The Edward-Bella-Jake thing drove me nuts.

    But if it's handled well, I can be forgiving. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with some of the others... as long as it is well-done, then bring it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. opposites attract baby, and give the most depth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind the triangle but I'm a sucker for the "doomed" relationship. Don't know why.

    ReplyDelete