Monday, March 21, 2011

Forgive My Crazy

So, the time I was planning to spend blogging today I am now going to be heading with my son to the doctor and really hoping his leg isn't broken.

So... I'm going to let some of my fave writing quotes speak for me.

~ There is no way of writing well and also of writing easily. - Anthony Trollope

~ In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man - Sinclair Lewis

~ Words, as is well known, are the great foes of reality. - Joseph Conrad

~ Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. - E.L. Doctorow

What are some of your favorite writing quotes?


UPDATE: My son actually has a stomach virus that migrated into his hip and caused quite a bit of inflammation. Odd, but he's fine. He just needs to take ibuprofen for a couple of days until the swelling goes down and the virus goes away. Thanks for all your kind words and well-wishes! You guys are the best!

11 comments:

  1. Darn, hope everything turns out okay! Thanks for the quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favs are

    "If you can only come up with one way to spell a word it shows great lack of creativity" -Mark Twain

    My son had a broken arm. Its no fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your son is okay! Mine finally got out of his walking boot after fracturing his toes. No fun.

    I keep my favorite quotes in my blog sidebar, but my absolute favorite (at this moment is):

    "Work without vision is drudgery. Vision without work is dreaming. Work plus vision-this is destiny." Gordon B. Hinckley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your son is okay, Jenn! Great quotes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! I hope your little dude is okay. =[ Let me know how it goes. Prayin' for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your son--I hope he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that what you were doing when I called you?? Don't worry about calling me back! Hope everything turns out okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quotes! Hope it's not broken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hugs* Hope your son's leg isn't hurt too bad. Sprains can be as bad as a break.

    Nice quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I hope you post an update soon. As a mom who's lived through two broken arms (same kid, same monkey bars) I know how scary that can be. Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete