Friday, March 11, 2011

To Worldcon 2011


I really want to go to Worldcon this year... like bad. It's in Reno, which is a fun city within driving distance. I've also heard that Worldcon rocks and is where all the cool people hang out. Obviously, I am cool, and thus--I belong there. Other than the fact that it costs money, I'm having a difficult time finding reasons not to go.

So, I'm wondering if I will know anyone there. Are any of you going? Have any of you ever gone before? If so, how was it? Was it oozing coolness, as I have been told? Do you know anyone that is going? Any friends of a cousin's brother-in-law? I'm taking a poll. :)

Also, if you haven't entered yet, my Query makeover giveaway thingy is closing on Sunday, so stop slacking and go enter. And have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I, too, have heard of the oozing coolness thing and, as soon as I'm a rich, bestselling author, will totally be going. (Because, of course, then they'd comp my registration fee, right?)

    Until then, I can't afford it. :(:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never gone. But you know I want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of it before now. Sounds really cool. You'll have to let us know if it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know anything about it, but I totally want to go to one of those huge conferences that all the cool kids go to one of these days. :)

    I might have to look into this one more . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gathering of people who read science fiction, so yes, it's fun.

    And Robin: "Because, of course, then they'd comp my registration fee, right?)" Er ... no. Except for the Guests of Honor, everyone purchases a membership ... even the committee (yes, they pay to work on the convention). Now ... if there's a surplus afterward ... quite possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. I TOTALLY want to go to this. I even dreamed about it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a Utah WorldCon 2011 group on Facebook going right now, hopefully it will work out carpools and the like. You can find it here (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_162096933835647) if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete