Friday, March 4, 2011

Weird Stuff On the Internet

If you've ever seen the lolcats pictures online, you will understand why this picture made me giggle. hehe... still am actually. This post is about weird things that are online. It was inspired by this post by the hilarious Brodi Ashton. If you haven't been to her blog, you totally should. So. Funny.

Anyway, so Brodi's post is about a story idea she found for sale on e-bay. It got me thinking. What other weird things do they have for sale on e-bay...

This is a dangerous thought process. If you should ever find yourself asking the same question... turn back while you still can. But, I didn't. And now I need therapy.

I learned things I never wanted to know. For example: there is an actual category on e-bay called Weird Stuff--Seriously.

Not only that, but there are also categories called: Slightly Unusual, Really Weird and Totally Bizarre. I stayed away from the Totally Bizarre, but is it odd that I have this strange urge to find something I can sell in that category?

So, in the Weird Stuff category, I found the following useful items: (Yes, all of these are absolutely on e-bay exactly like this)

~ MOST HAUNTED amulet massive MONEY WEALTH SPELL bird

Now... I have no idea what this is, but with all of those words in one title--I don't know how it could be bad. I also think the mix of CAPS and lowercase is mesmerizing. In fact, it's taught me something. I'm officially changing the name of one of my books to

"INCREDIBLY EXCITING no vampires BUT HOT GUY with funny"

What do you think? I read that and I just think cha-ching, bestseller, no?

I also found:

~ NOVELTY GAG Old Mr. Butt Talking Pen Holder AWESOME

Awesome indeed. If you don't currently own something with the words Old Mr. Butt & Talking in the title... you haven't lived.

And:

~ MONO (KISSING DISEASE) GIANT MICROBE PLUSH

This is EXACTLY what the market was missing on Valentine's Day. A giant plush microbe to give to your significant other. I mean it's the kissing disease, hello. What's more romantic than kissing?

Last, but not least:

~ HAND CARVED COW WITH ROOSTER ON BACK SIGNED

Ah! The mystery item. I have so many questions. So the Cow is hand carved, but is the rooster real? Also, is the Rooster signed, or the Cow, or perhaps the Rooster signed the Cow, or maybe the back is signed? But the back of what? That's it. I can't handle the suspense. I'm buying it. I must know now!

So, now for the big question... what can you see in your house that you think you could put up for sale under the Weird Stuff category on e-bay. Do tell. I'm dying to know.

9 comments:

  1. HOME GROWN, ORGANIC, ALL NATURAL, FREE RANGE ANTIBIOTICS, cultured right in my fridge. SPLENDID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if anyone actually bought the idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I agree with you. Some of the stuff on the internet is insane. Especially ebay - though it can be dangerous when it comes to boots and handbags:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candi - I love it! and... I'm a little scared...

    Stina - Well for the amazing price of 3 million dollars, who wouldn't?

    Lindsay - so true about the boots and handbags. Dangerous... and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jenn, this is hilarious! Would my hubby count? Though I'm not sure I would be allowed to sell him. Maybe rent him?

    *ponders*

    just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn- Awesome post. And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I need that pen holder ... the only weird thing I have is a yellow plastic serving platter (with place for dip) in the shape of a shell. It's really ugly! Not sure why I've kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *laughing* -- :-D :-D

    I do have a cat's skull I named Mr. Shitter - because only a day or so after I was doing re-writes on Sweetie and read the part about her cat Mr. Shitters, I was walking on the mountain cove and there in front of me was a skull that turned out to be a cat's skull - just like in sweetie - so I stuck a stick in its eye and carried it home on the end of the stick - teehee -then nailed it outside to the little log house...

    I have a hornets nest hung on my living room wall

    but still, my stuff is tame compared to the weird stuff out there *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby wants the microbe plush. Because love isn't love without a little disease. ;)

    ReplyDelete