Friday, April 29, 2011

Dan Wells Is A Genius & The East Coast Conspiracy

First off, let me start off by informing you that I read the 3rd book in Dan Wells' John Cleaver Series-- I Don't Want to Kill You

It. Is. Awesome.

From the first book, I have loved this series... so he had a lot to live up to. I've never been so sure that I knew where a book was going and had it turned on it's head so magnificently. It was perfect.

Then my awesome friend LT Elliot introduced me to this presentation he did on the 7 Point Story Structure, and I understood where a bit of his genius comes from:

The Star Trek RPG Narrator's Guide.

Yes, I'm serious.

Anyway, go check it out. He's seriously amazing and I guarantee you will learn something.

Now let me introduce you to something else that is so cool it chills to the bone.

Philly Cupcake

I just got back from Philadelphia and already I miss it. This is their Banana Split Cupcake. Please try not to drool on your keyboard...I hear that can cause technical problems.

Dude. I can't help but wonder how they keep the city from just overflowing with people wanting one of these. I can't prove it, but I think it might be somehow related to the empty reflecting pools that are currently all over the East Coast. How? I'm not sure. Maybe they fill the pools with marshmallows at night time and all the cupcake travelers sleep there. Maybe they fill them with broth and noodles and use them as giant soup kitchens for the passers-by. I don't know...but I was really looking forward to the reflecting and there was none to be had.

I will find out the truth.

11 comments:

  1. LOL Why oh why have you put a picture of a cupcake on your blog? You're making me want to fly to philly just so I can have one. Or maybe I should just eat the cheaper, Hostess attempt at a cupcake in my cupboard. No! I will resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Kasie! No amount of fluffy cupcake deliciousness will seduce you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SO delicious! I'm a sucker for cupcakes! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I've always wanted to go to Philly. Someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I haven't read Dan Wells' books yet. I'm pretty sure they'd freak me right out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tahnks for the great linkage! And I'm glad your trip was so fun. :) That cupcake looks INTENSE. Did you have to wear hiking boots and use a pick to climb it?? LOL

    Seriously YUM. Glad you're back! Missed you in blogland and twittersville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read "I Am Not a Serial Killer" and I LOVED it! He does such a wonderful job. I've talked about it so much at work that the number of people on waiting list for the book at the library has grown. =D I had to take an emotional break before starting "Mr. Monster" but I'm chomping at the bit to begin now.

    Some cupcakes look better than they end up tasting. I'm guessing from your enthusiam that's not the case with this one, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that cupcake. I feel like throwing a tantrum because I can't have it. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have posted a pic of a philly cheesesteak sandwich as well. Made it a complete meal.

    Now I'm hungry and depressed.


    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and another book to my TBR pile!
    And I'll better leave, this post is making me hungry (yum)! :P
    <3
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl. I sent you a DM on twitter, but just in case you didn't get it ... I have an award for your blog! Please stop by mine tomorrow. That's when I'll be posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cupcake? GORGEOUS. And cruel. I can't believe you ate that. *jealous*

    I'm always amazed by how people can make pretty food. I just aim for edible. Pretty is a bonus.

    Welcome home! You've been missed!!!

    ReplyDelete