Monday, May 9, 2011

Dude, You Guys are Funny.

So, you guys are hilarious. I loved all of the foreign translations you all posted this weekend and I have to name a few honorable mentions before I get to the winner.







Honorable Mention 1: by Chersti Nieveen

Spanish: Vale, puedes quedarte a mi lado, siempre que no hables sobre la tempertura.
English: OK, you can stand next to me as long as you don't talk about the temperature. -- why waste my time with the weather, let's get into the nitty gritty. Do you, or do you not love Adam Levine?


Honorable Mention 2: by Liana Brooks

Latin: Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur
English:  Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out -- Yes, I'm so refined that I often slip into other, significantly more fancy, languages. :-) Sounds like me. 

Honorable Mention 3: by Reece Hanzon

Spanish: Disculpa, podrias decirles a estos niƱos que es una maleducacion el burlarse de mi aunque no les entiendo?
English: "Excuse me, could you please tell these kids that it's rude to make fun of me, even though I don't understand them?" -- SO USEFUL on Thursday. :) Although, I did get a certain amount of laughter aimed in my direction... but whatever.

~~~~
And the WINNER!!
~~~~ 
German: "Ich finde dein mangeln an Hose storend."
English: "I find your lack of pants disturbing." <-- I think I would fly to Germany just to use this. :)

Submitted by: the awesome K. Marie Criddle

Congrats Marie! Send me an e-mail at JennJohansson7 at gmail dot com and let me know if you would prefer a signed copy of Dan Wells' "I Don't Want to Kill You" or a signed ARC of "Janitors" by debut author Tyler Whitesides? 

Thanks for playing everyone! You all made it so much fun.   

10 comments:

  1. The winner so deserved to win! Hilarious! I actually did "laugh out loud."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd seen this before, 'cause I would have posted this one:


    Vulnus Pectoris sugens ne propreretis mos naturae dicendi est. (A sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Heidi... I think that would've put you in the running. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! I knew those two years of high school German weren't for nothing! Thanks so much, Jenn! And I loved the other ones too...totally using the first one. So many weather loving Spanish speaking people around me lately!

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were great! It was good to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn,
    I have given you an award! Come and claim the item at:
    http://thepartypony.blogspot.com/2011/05/eat-me-blog-award-that-will-swell-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winner! That was hilarious. It also sounded mysteriously like something Jenny P might say. Hmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I congratulate in advance I hope you won this. And I say thanks for the providing useful info.


    PHP Programmer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great dear I think you are so nice. I think you won this. your post is really funny and you publish a Image its really funny. I love this.


    Compare Internet Security

    ReplyDelete