Monday, June 13, 2011

Keep the Faith


My 6-year-old has taken to leaving sticky notes all over the house to let me know he loves me. I can totally get behind this trend. Note the small stick figure with a book in his lap. My son has definitely inherited my artistic ability. He's adorable and he's absolutely certain that my books are amazing. He's never read a single one, of course. I'm not into giving my children nightmares. But nonetheless, he knows he will love them when he can read them and he has absolute faith in me and my abilities.

I want to feel the same way, and some days I do...but doubt always finds me. It's so easy to get caught up in the impossibility of it all and forget what really matters. Are we doing everything we can to make every word, every chapter, every book as good as it can be? If so, then we should have faith. We've done all we can do and as long as we keep trying and don't give up... things will work out.

So this week, I'm striving to have a little more faith in myself. What are you striving for?

12 comments:

  1. That is so adorable.

    I'm going to try and not second guess myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the cuteness. I'm overwhelmed by cuteness.

    I'm striving for some sanity this week. I'm been flush with the galloping crazies lately.

    I'm sure this is a feeling familiar to all writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so cute! Unconditional love and faith is amazing. :)

    As for me, I need to work harder! I've kind of been slacking off lately, but I'm ready to jump back in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The faith of a child is inspiring!

    I'm striving to keep my muse around. Right now I'm listening to kids fighting, running feet and someone's playing a trumpet. If I were him I'd run for my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWW!!! Love those notes.
    And sure, we always have those days/weeks when we doubt ourselves.

    I hope it's over soon for you!
    Now I'm striving to get a little time to write. I've been sooo busy, and out of town! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, how sweet! I have little notes like that from my kids posted right where I can see them when I need it. They don't realize just how much those little notes mean to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, aren't children so worth it? I get that kind of thing from my sons, too. They're 24 and 26. Not the drawings. Just the confidence building comments (even though only one has read even a part of something I've written). Can't beat the undying enthusiasm, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome kid. "I love your bokes"--that's a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! My six year old tells me I'm a "better cooker than daddy." Sigh...I know where his interests lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cuteness factor on a scale? 100+
    Sentimental value? Through the roof!

    How bloody darling is that?! I want some post-it love around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post! I love the sticky notes. How sweet!

    I'm striving for organization. I feel so lost...

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete