Tuesday, June 7, 2011

POSSESSION BlogHop

Today is launch day for my fabulous friend, Elana Johnson! Her book, POSSESSION is available today and as part of the celebration, there is a big blog hop going on in which people are telling about times when they broke the rules.

I thought of many stories in which I broke the rules, but most of them will land me in either a mental hospital, a prison, or both...because that's me...I'm wild like that. :P

Luckily I thought of one that was a relatively minor rule-breaking that I'll tell you about right now.

When I was fourteen, I spent a lot of time at a local community theater. It was awesome and I loved it. One night after a performance, two of my friends and I called our parents and told them we were spending the night at each others houses... then we hid in the back of the theater behind the scenery while the managers locked up. We spent the night there.

As we were already on the premises, I'm not sure it qualifies as entering and since we were extremely careful, it wasn't really breaking either... so I think we're good. Either that or I'm justifying...shh, don't tell.

Anyway, it was a blast, we put on some music and danced on the stage. We played with the props. Stayed up all night sitting in the theater seats and talking. Then we put everything back in its place and snuck out the back-door at dawn.

It wasn't really all that rebellious, but we could've gotten in a lot of trouble. Also, it is one night I'll never forget. What about you? When did you break the rules? Also, follow this link to see a list of all the other blogs in the blog hop. Go read their rule-breaking stories.

And YAY FOR ELANA!! I'm SO excited for you girl! :)

10 comments:

  1. I love that story! I never would have had the guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... this posted early. darn! Pay no attention to the fact that it isn't Tuesday yet!! *waves hands all mystical-like*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I love it!

    My friends and I (may) have stolen all the billboard sign letters from unlocked billboards up and down main street one night where I grew up, and then we (may) have put up our own completely inappropriate messages on the signs using our collection of letters.

    It took until about 11 AM the next day for people to clue in, and the city came along and took down all our twisted slogans.

    Maybe this happened, that's all I'm sayin'

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I would have been so scared all night long. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to being rebellious! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that story. We did that once but spent the night bouncing on the top of a tennis bubble then sleeping in our car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is one of the COOLEST things I've ever heard of. Now, when I watch the video for Metrostation's Shake It, I'll think of you dancing on the stage. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theaters are the bestest places to play. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, you're a breaker and enterer too! We're like, soul-sisters! So funny. I love that you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. uh, i'd say you're justifying, but it is a very rational justification. personally, i'd be creeped out by the haunting possibilities - but that's probably a whole other bloghop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete