Friday, June 10, 2011

Randomness


Today I'm just posting some random thoughts because I am feeling a little under the weather and the cold medicine is getting to me. It's been a crazy week around here. I was supposed to be in Colorado today, but I cancelled my trip because a started a part-time work from home job that has turned into a pull-my-hair-out-full-time-job and it's driving me mad.

I haven't been able to sit down and write a word in almost a week and it is sucking the life out of me. It doesn't help things that I have this new deliciously dark idea that I've got fully thought out and planned and it's calling to me. Can I tell you how hard it is to deny this in favor of a job I dislike so thoroughly?

Hard.

Anyway, today I found out that my job should be turning back into the part-time thing next week and so everything should settle down. This makes me happy. You know what else makes me happy? That this job is going to make it possible for me to go to WorldCon with no concerns, and then take my kids to Walt Disney World on my birthday. I know it will be worth it.

How is that for a random post? Have you guys had good weeks? What are you struggling with?

7 comments:

  1. *hugs* Hope you feel better soon, Jenn. Dang real life for getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WorldCon AND Disney World? Lucky girl!
    Feel better! Colds are the worst. They just keep hanging on.
    And good luck on writing. I went through that for about a month. My problem wasn't work though. I just couldn't figure out what the heck to write! I'm better now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snicker* That photo rocks. I seriously want it on a shirt.

    I'm sad to hear about the hair-pulling-awful-job but happy for where it will lead you. World-Con! Disney World! Woot! Woot! (And if you should derail into some dark & twisty writing...I won't punish you. I promise.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got over being sick myself, so I'd feel all sorts of sympathy for you if I was so busy being jealous you get to go to WorldCon. And Disney World.

    Still, not being able to write is sympathy worthy, so I suppose I can muster a tear or two.... Mostly for myself, since I'll be deprived of that story until you finally get around to writing it.

    Have you no consideration for others? :)

    (Get better soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm. That should read "if I wasn't so busy being jealous..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life just got in the way for me this past week and I didn't write the entire time. I think the important thing now is for us to just accept that it happened and try to make more time for it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, J.R. I'm just meeting you via David J. West at Twitter. I'm trying to meet more LDS bloggers, but I've got to get them linked to my new WordPress blog. So I'll cut and past your URL into my list and will also follow you here, too, since I am still minimally doing my blogspot blog.

    I'll also go over to your website. You sound like a wonderful writer, and mother. It's difficult to juggle family and work. I know. I raised four children, and supplemented the income always. And then I was a single mother.

    Hope the job works for you and you can take those children to Disney World!

    This is my new WordPress blog. I've love to have you stop by.
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete