Monday, July 11, 2011

Congratulations Natalie!

Most of you probably know my wonderful friend, Natalie Whipple. If you don't, then you are probably one of two people on the internet who don't follow her blog and you should remedy that immediately.

Like now...come back when you're done. Really, I can wait.

Natalie is awesome, funny, and not afraid to talk about the rough side of publishing. Her blog is refreshingly honest and open about both her pains and her triumphs, just like her. Plus, don't even get me started on her fashion sense...I mean do you see the shoes in that picture? 'Nuff said.

Today I want to talk about a triumph because Natalie finally got to announce last week that she signed a two-book deal with freakin' Harper Teen!  (<--I highly recommend that you click this link and go comment because she's giving away some very cool bookage.)

You also should go read this Natalie post about what happens when submission doesn't go the way you hope it will. She earned her success, and I'm so happy to see her finally getting it.

So, everyone stop by and congratulate her because she's willing to share her journey, and isn't afraid to teach a newbie the ropes--especially in D&D. Yay Natalie! I love you, girl. I couldn't be more happy for you!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to Natalie!!!

    I just read your interview on Kristen Thetford's blog. You're query letter was fab. Awesome to get to know more about you. Oh, and we have the same taste in books it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that awesome news! Congrats to Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy for Natalie! I know it must be so exciting for her but I think it's a day a lot of people have been excited FOR her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the good news for Natalie is spreading like wildfire all over the blogosphere. Hip hip hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Natalie! And your interview over at Kristin's blog was fabulous! I can't WAIT to read your books. Go Jenn, go!

    ReplyDelete