Monday, August 15, 2011

Recycling is Good + Yay! WorldCon!


So, I'm getting ready to leave for WorldCon tomorrow morning and I'm PUMPED! So, in honor of cool things that I like...and also because I'm busy. I'll be recycling some posts from way back on my blog that I find entertaining in retrospect. Most of them were not fun at the time, but I can look back and find them fun now. Look at me! I'm growing!

Ahem, so without further ado...

(For the purposes of this post, please be aware, cellulose = insulation. NO, I didn't know that before this weekend. YES, I am going green, I don't care if you think it's trendy.Now, back to our program.)

In case you were wondering, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth, or go fishing. I am currently in my attic--buried in cellulose.

This is not my favorite place to be.

There is no cause for alarm. I have several reasons to be certain I will make it through this.

1 - Cellulose must be edible, because I haven't died yet.

2 - I was able to chew through a stray internet wire and by rigging it to the fillings in my teeth I am able to get rudimentary versions of my e-mails printed on my brain. Convenient? yes. Comfortable? no.

3 - My next door neighbor kindly plays music in his jeep loud enough that it rattles my windows and I can, as they say, "Get jiggy wid' it." (Don't knock it. Until you've seen a woman covered in cellulose dancing--you haven't lived.)

4 - One corner of my roof is leaking, by carefully placing my head against the wall--in between two rusty nails, of course--I am able to get a little water. It tastes like tar, but it's wet.

5 - I am confident this time alone will give me plenty of time to brainstorm and outline my next 12 novels. When I get out of here (after MANY showers) I'm going to burn that keyboard up!

6 - I'm reasonably sure that this will get me an agent. Why? Who doesn't want to represent a writer who is handy, charismatic (HEY! No laughing! I am totally enjoying my own company!) and could go on Survivor? (Self-fulfilling Prophecy? ... Possibly. ;-P )

Until I make it out, feel free to comment.

Oh, and pray for rain.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at world-con! And hey, I think your humor is something that probably does endear you to your agent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast at the con! And look, it really DID get you an agent.

    ReplyDelete