Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not to be a downer...

But I just wanted to give a quick explanation of why I didn't post when I got back on Monday and probably won't be posting for the next week or so. I came back from my (amazing, incredible & wonderful) vacation with a horrible case of strep throat. I've been sick in bed for the last three days.

Then yesterday, my dad had surgery and when he came out, his body was septic, his kidney's shut down and his lungs weren't working right. They kept him on a ventilator and put him in a drug-induced coma while they hope that his body sorts through the toxins in his blood. With my sickness, they won't let me come see him.

It's kind of been a rough week so far. If any of you don't mind throwing a prayer or two my dad's way or just crossing your fingers for him. I would really appreciate it. And please have patience with my absence. I promise to be back to regular blogging soon.

~*~*~*UPDATE*~*~*~

Thank you all SO much for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I'm happy to say that my Dad is improving. His kidneys are functioning much  better and they were able to take him off the ventilator last night. Today they moved him out of the ICU and into a regular recovery room. I can't express how much I appreciate all of your support. You guys are the best. :)

14 comments:

  1. *huge hugs* I'll definitely be praying for your dad. I wish you both the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are with you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor girl. And your dad! How awful. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers, hugs, and hot chicken soup coming at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you both get better soon! Keeping you and your dad in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be praying for your dad. I hope you feel better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are with you and your father.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry! Saying a prayer for you both right now. Take care! We'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jenn! So glad to hear your dad is improving and is out of ICU. I hope you're feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn, I'm so sorry to find out about all this. I'm definitely sending well wishes and good thoughts to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry! What a rough time for you. Hope things are getting better with each day. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you strength during horrible times! Glad you dad is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete