Monday, November 21, 2011

Being Thankful

It's Thanksgiving! I'll be busy running around like a...well I'll spare our fowl friends from referring to any of them losing their heads, at least until later this week. So, I'll be taking a break until next week. I hope you all have a fantastic holiday and get to spend so much time with those you love that you decide to hibernate until Christmas.

In the meantime, I wanted to start a little chain. I love the tradition of people talking about what they're grateful for this time of year. If you feel so inclined, consider yourself tagged. Do a post this week listing 10 things your grateful for. If you let me know that you did it in the comments, I'll link to your post. I'm focusing on things I sometimes take for granted.

10 Things I'm Grateful For:

1 ~ My family (I'm downplaying this, but it's at the top of my list for a reason)
2 ~ The most amazing beta readers in the world
3 ~ New friends I've made in recent years, both in and out of the publishing community
4 ~ Ahem...the publishing community
5 ~ In this economy, a steady and reliable source of income
6 ~ My agent, a better advocate for my work than I could've ever imagined.
7 ~ My health
8 ~ My creativity
9 ~ Both hope and despair, because I've learned first hand: you can't appreciate having one without experiencing the other
10 ~ You. Thank you for coming to my blog regularly and reading my sometimes useless drivel. I appreciate you more than you know.

There. Now I have a list to refer back to when publishing throws me a curve ball and I feel like hiding under my covers for a week. Something to remind me that no matter what happens in this roller-coaster industry, I am one lucky girl.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

My Thankful Peeps Who Did Their Own Lists:

Chantele Sedgwick
Ruth Josse

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Jenn. I did it as well. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I whipped up one of my own. Remembering what we have to be thankful for is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list of things to be Thankful for. I love reading these at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I did two lists last week. This is what I get for being behind on my blog reading. Anyway, I'm thankful to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete