Monday, November 7, 2011

Yay! My Publishing Contracts!

Last week, I got not one, but TWO publishing contracts from Italy (Newton Compton) & Germany (Heyne - Fliegt). Not only are these very awesome countries, and very awesome contracts, but they are my first ever publishing contracts!

This is surreal folks, SUR-REAL.

I was informed by another cool writerly buddy *cough* Renee Collins *cough* that I was supposed to take pictures of me signing. And so, here begins the picture taking journey.

This is me being surprised when I realized I was getting 6 copies in each of these two beautiful languages. I don't know what I will do with these copies. Maybe get a pedestal with bullet-proof glass and an alarm that triggers if anyone breathes around it too heavily?

Yeah...I'm still throwing around ideas.


This is me displaying my contract proudly. Isn't it so pretty?! I tried really hard not to drool on it. And look! Most of my facial paralysis (the infamous Bell's Palsy) is gone. I still look slightly more relaxed on the right side, but more like that side of my face is on vacation than on strike. I'm pleased to be able to smile with teeth on both sides again.

HUZZAH!

Like I said. November = great. October was sucky beyond all measurable means of suckitude. But November and I get along just fine.

My thumb, complete with celebratory glitter-pink fingernail polish, approves of the contract signage as well as the month of November. There was much happiness throughout the land.





And now to be serious for a moment. This is incredible. I've imagined holding a publishing contract in my hands a million times and it never even came close to the real thing. This road has not been easy, but dude--does this make it all worth it? Yes. Yes, it does. It makes it feel real and I can't even explain how grateful I am. I'm lucky. Beyond lucky.

Share my happiness today? Anything totally fabulous going on with you? Are you and November getting along? Let's start this week off with even more good news.

22 comments:

  1. Squeee!!!!!!! Love these pics, Jen. And congrats! When I signed my contract, Natalie was in the room with me, but I totally didn't even take a picture. Missed that moment on film. *sniff*

    I have been working on Scales lately. ACTUALLY WRITING. Amazing, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congratulations, Jenn! SO happy for you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So before I read your post, I looked at the pics and I was like, 'Hey! Her face looks great!' And then I read the post and saw that it is on the mend! Yay! And also yay for the whole contract thing too. I guess I shouldn't have let your pretty smile overshadow a publishing contract. :) Congrats, Jenn! You so deserve this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Congrats, Jenn! I can't imagine how amazing that must be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYPICTURESAWESOME!!!

    And OF COURSE I'm right. The Signing Contract Picture is a requirement here in Writer World.

    I love it! You look all gorgeous and happy. :D Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congrats! This is beyond awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee was totally right. Pictures are 100% necessary! So Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I hope November keeps being awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!! Such incredible news, Jenn!! I'm so excited for you. Thanks for sharing the pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome! Congratulations, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks guys! It's so much funner to have people to be excited with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot! Woot! So cool! Plus, you look absolutely adorable, looking all surprised and shocked! And you look pretty rockin'! I'm excited for your facial recovery and for those sparkly nails! Congrats! Congrats!

    Cheers to November!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So totally cool!!!

    I wish I had done that. :)

    Enjoy every moment. It goes by very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY, girl!! So happy for you!
    And I'm glad your paralysis is almost gone!! I couldn't even tell about it on the pics.
    <3333

    ReplyDelete
  16. *cheers and dances*

    Sooo excited for you! And glad to see you're getting better so fast. November is definitely a better month than October. Like, for reals. Thanks for the pics.

    *more happy dancing*

    *cartwheel*

    *struggles to stand after falling on butt*

    No more cartwheels for me. But yay!

    ReplyDelete