Friday, December 16, 2011

Reasons 2012 Will Rock - Part 3

And now, more embracing 2012 fun. Here are a few more reasons to get excited about the upcoming year.

1 - There are some FREAKTASTICALLY-AWESOME new books coming out. So many that I'm bound to miss a ton, so I'll just name the first three that pop up in my head: Everneath by Brodi Ashton, The Breakaway by Michelle Davidson Argyle, Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo. -- and so, SO many more. Dude. Good books in 2012!!

2 - My good friend, Renee Collins, posted this week about the dreaded scary scenario of what happens if you get an agent, it doesn't work out, and you have to start over. It technically happened at the end of 2011...but I'm sure her happy ending will carry right through next year, so we'll count it. Stop by and congratulate Renee on her new agent! I couldn't be more ecstatic for you, girl! :-D

3 - Very early in 2012, I'll be finishing my current WIP. It's deliciously dark and totally fitting for a year in which the end of the world has been predicted. I'll post an excerpt at some point. This book keeps me awake at night. For real.

So, any new reasons this week to be excited for next year? Add to my fun, will  you?

4 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you, Jenn! You're awesome. Trust me when I say I couldn't have done it without you! :)

    Also, there are FOUR books I'm looking forward to this year. The three you talk about in #1, plus a certain "deliciously dark" book you mention at the end of your post. :) Gimmiegimmiegimmie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Renee. Deliciously dark? Yes please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention! I cannot believe that book will actually be out soon! Ack! And I can't wait to read Brodi's book. I've heard so much about it! Havne't heard about Shadow & Bone yet. And congrats to Ren! SO excited for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jenn! Very excited about 2012 and your WIP!

    ReplyDelete