Friday, January 27, 2012

My Window Had a Bunny

Yesterday morning, I was on the phone, leaving a message for my doctor and it went something like this:

"Blah blah, this is Jenn, blah blah blah...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh  *sound of me jumping up onto my couch, dropping phone, then scrambling to pick up the phone*

"Oh, sorry, I just saw a bunny. Anyway, call me back, thanks, bye!"

...I can only imagine how the nurse who heard my message looked while she listened to it. 

Oh dear.

Anyway, this lovely message was left because I'd walked down into the basement and reached up to scratch my kitty's ears (she was sitting in the downstairs window sill) and on the other side of the glass I saw this:



Needless to say, I was not expecting to see a bunny hopping around this close to my window. Also, I've literally never been this close to a bunny in my life...never. So, I promptly called my husband who luckily knows much more about rabbits than I do.

Husband: "Well does it look like it's starving or dehydrated?"

Me: "Um...to me it looks like a very small cow."

Husband: *crickets*

Me: "Am I supposed to do something?"

Husband: *laughing* "Just give it a bowl of water and I'll help get it out when I get home."

Me: "Like what... open the window? Won't it attack me?"

Husband: *cracks up, tells everyone in his office, and sends me this link*




So, we had a bunny for the day. My sons named her Moo which seemed very fitting. Then we found out she belonged to a neighbor down the street and her real name is Cookie...I like our name better.

Don't you just love life's little surprises? :)  Have a fantastic weekend!

Also, I have an interview today over on A.G. Howard's blog. She has a lovely site, stop by and say hi!

12 comments:

  1. LOL. At least you weren't calling to tell the hubs that "the rabbit died." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's awesome. I'm glad you guys got Moo (I like your name better too) back to her owner. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! Hilarious. We had a skunk in our window well once. That was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! It's a good sign. I'm glad it wasn't hurt. Plus, bunnies are so friendly, except for those in Monte Python.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Um...to me it looks like a very small cow." HA!

    What a cute bunny! I'm jealous. The only thing I've ever had in my window are spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Fun times. And I love that your husband found your fear funny enough to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha-ha! Love the conversation! And "Moo" is a very good name for a bunny, I think. Glad you found out where she really belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up. By the way, bunnies are not any more scary than cats who like to play in Diet Coke boxes. Just sayin. *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have spazzed out too if I saw a bunny with cow markings outside my window. Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so AWESOME! I freaking love it! And Moo is a much better name. ;) Did it drive Cleo crazy to see it on the other side of the glass and not be able to eat it?

    Off to read your interview! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me smile! Maybe you should put a killer bunny in one of your stories in the future...mwhahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very funny! I'm glad you weren't attacked :)

    ReplyDelete