Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Being Scared - Part 3

I want to dedicate today's scared post to the all terrifying query.

Yes, folks. It is a scary thing.

Imagine you walked up to a computer programmer and had the following conversation:

You: "Have you finished writing your first program ever?"

Programmer: "Yes. Yes, I have."

You: "Great. Now I want you to write an e-mail to Bill Gates and tell him all about your computer program and how it is unique and awesome and he should check it out. Then wait by your e-mail for him to respond."

Programmer: *silence*

You: "Did you write it yet?"

Programmer: *runs*

We are brave, brave people. We write queries, and send them out...again and again. And we're not even talking about the rejections yet...

We do scary things. Go us.

5 comments:

  1. We write because we must. Or at least I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! That is so true! I'm going to be joining the ranks next month. *biting fingernails*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My computer hubby would probably be writing Bill Gates to complain about Bill's program and then tell him how he'd fix it. ;) So does that make him more of an editor?

    Writers are brave, that's for sure. Because nothing about this job is easy--but I think the payoff is worth it, regardless of the "paycheck."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, we are talking about rejections. At least I am. They suck. And yet, I still click send time and time again. What is wrong with me? Either I'm a complete glutton, or absolutely fearless. Can't decide which yet.

    But yeah, I'd love to be a part of that conversation!

    ReplyDelete