Monday, March 12, 2012

Being Scared - Part 4

Today's scary things post goes out to all those writers in the query trenches. To those crafting letters about their books and sending them off only to receive rejection after rejection and keep going anyway,

I salute you!


I received well into the three digit category in my rejection tally between the different books I queried. It wasn't fun most of the time. It was downright terrifying occasionally...but still, we keep doing it.

For me, I think querying/being on submission is one of the scarier parts of the process. We line up, send our hearts out via e-mail, and wait for it to be sent back, but only after a few people stomp on it first.

Here is the truth. Putting yourself out there and risking that pain, even suffering through it more than a few times, is the only way to find success.

And we can do scary things.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. The 3-digit category, huh? Way to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that any pursuit worthy of effort must have its share of hurt. And rejection hurts. But we become stronger and better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sobs* *flails arms* *sobs again*

    This is the part that sucks rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed you keep going after your dream. I hope I am strong enough to do the same.

    ReplyDelete