Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Legend of Korra

If you haven't heard of Avatar: The Last Airbender series, I pity you, and you should remedy this immediately. It's on Netflix.

Like now.

I can wait.

I'm going to assume you've seen it now and are thoroughly in love with the story-telling and characters. (You're welcome, by the way.)

All of this is leading up to something. No really, it is. Basically, I want to talk about how I'm SO excited about a new spin-off of this series. It's called Avatar: The Legend of Korra, and it's fantastic. It's Asian-Steampunk in an amazingly immersive world with truly dynamic characters.

I love it. Like, love-it-from-the-first-five-minutes-of-the-first-episode-when-the-toddler-version-of-Korra-explodes-into-the-room-bellowing-"I'm the Avatar! Deal with it!"-kind-of-love-it.

Just. Awesome.

Anyway, so...so...good. If you have kids, do them a favor...better yet, if you're a person who enjoys the awesome, do yourself a favor. Watch it!

1 comment: