Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Ode to Kathleen Rushall, My Fantabulous Agent


This month is my 1-year-anniversary with my agent, Kathleen Rushall. Isn't she so cute? After this much time with her, I can honestly say that I seriously lucked out. We've been through so much, and I can't imagine choosing anyone else to represent me and my work. 

I was trying to think of someway to express how uber cool she is, and I decided on an ode. I'm not sure why. I think I was on cough medicine...and possibly high. But by then, I'd told a few people I would do it, and unfortunately for you, and Kathleen, I was committed. *le sigh*

A word of warning though...I'm an O.V. : Ode Virgin. In fact, I've avoided writing poems at all costs for my entire life, so this is huge for me. And I don't appear to be quite the 'natural' at it that I was hoping for... (Yes, there is a site called Rhyme Zone. No, I don't want to talk about it.).

Bear with me, and please be gentle. Without further ado,

An Ode to Kathleen

Oh, the many things I've learned from Kathleen,
Over many moons and days in between.
She's taught me to strive, to be tenacious,
But at best, I struggle to reach even vivacious.

She's taught me we can always persevere,
Although sometimes that's hard to remember from here.
She's taught me it's always important to laugh,
Even when my heart is breaking in half.

She's taught me that breathing always matters,
With my hope in sight, or lying in tatters.
She helps me stay grounded while reaching for dreams,
And always contributes to my greatest schemes.

So, to her I dedicate my first ever ode.
And promise to continue down this long road.
Thank you for your work, your sweat, your tears.
I hope we'll be together for many more years.


You rock, Kathleen! Thank you for an incredible year!

Oh, and to anyone else, if you've read this far...I'm sorry, and thanks! And have you entered the giveaway yet? :)

12 comments:

  1. AWWW. Love this! Kat is such a catch. *hugs you both* Happy Anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! :D Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HHAAA! LOVE. And ha ha 'ode virgin'. That's funny.

    I don't know Kathleen, but I love her as well. She is the 2nd best agent in the world as far as I'm concerned. :)

    Congrats on a year together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was cute.

    Congrats on your first year together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I. Love. This.

    Words cannot describe! Thank you!

    I want to get this tattooed on my face. (Attractive? I think it could really work at conferences.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really sweet, and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular ode for a Spectacular agent! I've never met her, but through you I know that she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha- this is wonderful :). Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I'm officially less embarrassed than before...

    What have you done?!?

    ;-)

    And thanks, Kathleen! :) I think the tattoo idea sound fabulous. It will really...uh...set you apart. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you both! You have a WONDERFUL agent. I know. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, Kathleen!! Im glad you're so happy together :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! And I love Kathleen's response to it. ;) You're a great team and I'm so excited for your journey!

    ReplyDelete