Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank You, Smart People!

I'm revisiting a post from three years ago this morning. The reason is, well, honestly...it's because this can't be said often enough. Enjoy!


I've made a discovery. Without warning, and clearly without knowledge, I've been surrounded by smart people. I don't know why they've chosen me--but I like it.


They are always there, to give advice, to help with decision making--it's like my own personal extra brain to help with my thinking process.

I ask them questions, and they answer. And their answers make sense. And the topics vary, everything from plot questions to how to fix up my deck. They know everything...


It's spooky.


My suggestion to all of you, find the smart people. Charm them into helping you. Or you could just do what I did--look like you seriously need help.


If you need it, they will come.


And also, thank you to my own personal smart people. You know who you are. ;) What smart people are you grateful for this Monday morning?

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my critique partners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for my wife who has wonderful instincts when it comes to giving me advice and to the ladies in my critique group who are talented writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for my kiddos who are keeping me on my toes (and asking to read my book. Love them.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful for my smart beta readers who make me look less dumb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for medicine and science (they who partake in this are usually exremely smart). I was born 4 months early and would not even be alive if it weren't for medicine/science. :) so very grateful/thankful

    Also - thank you again for the contest win :) so excited to read a book you send!

    ReplyDelete