Friday, May 11, 2012

Bartering

My husband called me other day and this was our conversation:

Him: "I think I want a truck."
Me: "But, we just bought a car."
Him: "Okaaaay, what if we didn't have to pay for it."
Me: "Weeeelll, what kind of truck would we not have to pay for."
Him: "I don't know..."
Me: *crickets*
Him: "But you're saying that if I didn't have to pay for it, you'd be fine with me getting a truck?"
Me: "Does it involve jail time or prostitution?"
Him: *far too long of a pause* "I don't think so..."
Me: *shrugs* "Fair enough."

The next day, he brought home the crappiest old brown truck I've ever seen. I immediately dubbed it "Herpes" and told him I'd prefer he be sanitized before touching me or the children.

Me: "So, how did you get it?"
Him: "I traded for it."
Me: "Traded what?"
Him: "A gun."

Sidenote: I'm not a gun fan. And yes, I know this means I'll be the first to die in the coming Zombie Apocalypse...I'm okay with that.

Me: *jaw drops* "Seriously? Someone traded you a truck for a gun?"
Him: *Looking rather proud* "Yep."
Me: "So someone agreed to let you come to their house with a gun, and take away their truck? Isn't that called Grand Theft Auto?"
Him: "Not when you leave the gun behind."
Me: "Alrighty then."

So, this got me curious...what would you trade your hypothetical crappy old truck for? Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I did in fact trade my crappy old truck for a used dirt bike withn I was 18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, too funny, too funny!! You're husband is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha that sounds like something my husband would do. Like when one of our friends was selling his generator and his chainsaw before a move, my husband wanted to buy both, and I'm like, "We do NOT need a chainsaw."

    When he came home with both, he explained that his friend gave him a deal, $200 to take both off his hands, he said he had to take it! So now we have a chainsaw. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, awesome!

    I'd trade my hypothetical crappy old truck for magic beans... or maybe a box chocolate. A magical box of chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL love the part about Grand Theft Auto! And I'd trade in my old truck for a new laptop...but I think I am getting that for graduation (this weekend!). :-)

    ReplyDelete