Monday, May 7, 2012

Dude, So Much Awesome

I presented two classes (Querying & Dialogue) at the Storymakers Conference this weekend, and honestly, I don't think I've ever had this much fun at a Conference. It was amazing.

Here is an example of just one meal. I'd name everyone, but it would probably blow your minds, and I wouldn't feel good about doing that. You probably recognize a few of them...but that many cool people at one table? I'm pretty sure we surpassed the ratio of coolness normally allowed in a single location...and it rocked.

I met so many fantastic people in one weekend! And I discovered something: agents in person are my new favorite group of people. Michelle Wolfson and Holly Root were utterly lovely and SO much fun!

Anyway, great books + great people + great classes = a fabulous weekend. I have the best job ever. I'm totally re-energized and ready to dig in to my edits and sequel.

What about you? Did you do anything fun this weekend?

14 comments:

  1. I so wanted to go to this conference. I'm hoping to be there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What class did you present?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right...lol, guess I should've put that in the post. It's fixed now. They were on queries and dialogue. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like so much. I wrote my final paper'/senior thesis this weekend and I am handing it today. YEA being done with undergrad! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the conference. Everyone at the conference was so nice. I was impressed with the guest agents/editor/presenters. Quality people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize some faces in your picture. Sorry I didn't bump into you at the conference. I hope all goes well with your new novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to see you and hang out. You guys rocked your classes! I loved Holly and Michelle, too. It was an awesome weekend that ended too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, you are such a generous and kind person that karma's got you covered. You are going to do so well! It was my total honor to get to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Look at my hair! I totally need a new haircut. =D Oh and less of a red nose (I hate colds).

    I had a great time. Dinner was amazing! Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed it! It's too bad I didn't see you there. It was a great conference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The conference just blew by so fast! All of the classes I went to were awesome, and it is always so much fun to be with so many amazing people, present company definitely included!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you like to torment me by reminding me how much fun I missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha this made me laugh. Maybe I'll try to go next year....it seems like a good conference.

    ReplyDelete