Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hooray for Conferences!

No, this picture has nothing to do with conferences...I just think it's hilarious. :)

Don't judge.

Back on topic -- I'm really excited, and SUPER busy right now, getting ready for the LDStorymakers Conference this weekend. I'm teaching two classes (Query & Dialogue) with Kasie West & Natalie Whipple. I love those girls and it's going to be so fun spending that time together. On top of all this awesome, I get to see so many fun friends from the writing community that I just don't see except for at conferences.

Oh, yes. Much fun fantastic-ness shall be had.

Conferences are so great for many reasons, but I'll be honest. My main purpose for conferences is that they re-charge my writer battery. They make me remember why I love doing this and how much I need to keep doing it. It helps me remember the joy that this part of my life gives me.

And I always need that.

What about you? Have you ever been to a conference? What was your favorite part about it?

6 comments:

  1. I love getting new ideas and being energized to get back into writing. I love being inspired and excited again about a project.


    I'm going to be at LDStorymaker's as well! Hopefully I'll get to see you there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY CONFERENCES!! Even if Im not actually going. I still like reaping the rewards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay conferences, and woooo dying at that cat picture. TOO funny! :-)

    I have only ever been to Book Expo America and American Library Association - both which were fun, crowded and crazy! I had a good time at both though and it helped me realize I wanted to work with or around books. I was a freshman and sophomore in college at the time so it was great :)

    Have a good time teaching at LDS...that sounds like so much fun, Jenn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love writing conferences, especially Storymakers! Everyone is so nice and fun and energetic. I look forward to seeing you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like LOL cats more if they were as smart as that one. ;)

    I'll be so happy to see you this weekend, Jenn! And I know your presentation will rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I am always much more productive after attending a conference. Wish I could make it to Storymakers.

    ReplyDelete