Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Okay -- Shoot!

I'm in a bit of a slump, and I spent 6 hours today outside in 95 degree weather with an entire elementary school full of children.

Yes, friends...it was those two words that make adults run screaming and the strongest men's blood run cold...

FIELD DAY

It was really fun, but exhausting. I'm totally and absolutely wiped out and have a wicked case of heat stroke.

On top of all this, I just finished a big edit on my WIP and my brain = fried. So, my bloggish friends, I'm turning to you. Take pity on me and help me figure out what kind of blogs you'd like to see. What questions do you have for me? Any deep burning topics you'd like me to discuss? Any specific questions about my journey/my process/what makes me write scary stuff? Etc?

I'd love to know what you guys have a hankering to discuss. Do tell! :)

P.S. Am I the only one that giggles when she reads the word 'hankering'?  ;)

7 comments:

  1. As a published author, what is the most challenging part of the process? Is it writing, or promoting, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee! You wrote hankering. *giggles too* Maybe you could blog about how you adjust to a summer writing schedule. Or what fun events you're going to attend. OR you could just tell us how you're surviving edits. Because we all know that's torture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know about your querying process. How many did you send out? Did you have to change your letter or your book at all during the process?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I strongly dislike field day. I also spend as little time in the sun as possible. So I feel for you.

    Let's see, blogging ideas... What about thriller elements? Where you come up with your ideas? Are you really as twisted as your books? (Ha!) Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheer genius, you guys. This is like gold. Thank you!!! Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our field day is today!!!! It's not too hot yet, but I'm just waiting. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenn, sorry this comment is so late but I'd also love to see your querying journey. Also maybe your writing journey. And also sending-a-package journey. Just kidding about that one. :-) I love your posts so whatever you write will be alrighty by me :-D

    ReplyDelete