Monday, June 25, 2012

Say Cheese! - Author Pics!

I had some new author photos taken recently, so I thought I'd post them here and see what you guys thought since you're all geniuses and oh so pretty. :)

I should add a disclaimer: any & all beauty in forthcoming photos is due in it's entirety to the genius that is Michelle Davidson Argyle. She somehow manages to both take lovely pictures and instruct me where to look, to put down my chin, stop blinking, smile correctly, stop drooling and all those other things that tend to create poor photos. I'd be lost without her. 

So, here are my three faves: 

This is my mysterious-sleepy pose. Am I happy? Am I tired? Am I just that confident and self-assured that I have nothing better to do than lean against nearby walls and smile? You may never know...









This is my watch-me-create-and-plot-out-entire-worlds-pose. Either that or my that-ice-cream-cone-looks-like-it-would-make-my-taste-buds-explode-pose...meh, those two poses look pretty much the same.







And finally, you may have noticed this one over on the side of my blog. It's my I-could-easily-write-you-into-my-book-and-kill-you-without-batting-an-eyelash-pose. Because, well...I could.








What do you think? Any particular pose you like more than the others? Why is that? Also, feel free to rename my poses if you feel so inclined. I'm flexible. ;-)

29 comments:

  1. You know I adore all of these. :) It is far too early for me to be clever with renaming your poses, but I got a good chuckle out of the ones you named. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair color and the color of the scarf really make your eyes the focal point of the picture, which I love!

    Well done, Michelle.

    You are gorgeous, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Yeah, the scarf was kind of a lucky break. I know I get more compliments when I wear that color and now I see why. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, pics! I think #2 is my favorite although your eyes look amazing in #3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth! I really like all three. It's hard to choose!

      Delete
  4. GREAT photos!! Nice job Michelle!!!!! I love the last one...perfect!! I so need author photos done. I have a photographer friend who wants to do them (for free!!) but he doesn't live in the same state as me...so that's kind of a problem. And right now its just not in my budget to go pay someone. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard to find a good photographer. Michelle is fantastic, I totally lucked out. Good luck finding one that works for you, Stephanie!

      Delete
  5. Jenn, you know how much I love first one, but the second one is really nice, too! And being I am of no help, the third is great, too! But, yes, #1 for me still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote, Elsie. You actually are helpful, because I feel like I'm okay no matter which way I go. Love that kind of freedom. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Ooh - gorgeous!!! I love the first one and the last one the best. I can't decide which is my fave, fave, fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danyelle! I think if I had to narrow it down to two right this second, those would be the ones I'd pick, too.

      Delete
  7. I think that the third picture works the best as an author photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Randy! I think that one is the most approachable, and I really like that. :)

      Delete
  8. First one and second. :)
    Ah the hair is just mwah!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) My hair is...well, it stands out, that's for sure.

      Delete
  9. The blue of the scarf really makes your eyes pop. These are beautiful photos. You look lovely. I think the dreamy second photo is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the first one! But the others are awesome too… Gah, I'm being NO help, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is helpful! From everyone's opinions, I feel pretty safe with any of my choices. Thank you!

      Delete
  11. I like all of them. Can you use all of them on your book jacket. Will that be a bit of an overkill? I don't think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent plan! I'll just plaster my book with pictures of myself. That won't be abnormal at all. I'll get with my editor a.s.a.p. about that. ;-)

      Delete
  12. Love. The. Scarf! The blue is absolutely perfect! Pretty eyes!!!

    I can't wait to see it on the back flap of your book.

    Oh, and I just had to rename your photos:

    1: I write sexy books with leaning walls
    2: My thoughts--and my books--are too deep for common mortals
    3: Books are fun. I'm fun. My books are fun. You'll love them.

    (Okay, yeah, I love #3 the best.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Love it, Robin! :) So fun! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  13. The first and third are my fans but you look lovely in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just chiming in to say they *are* lovely--and the blue just pops! Your pose names made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these pics. You are gorgeous! My youngest daughter has curly red hair that I hope will be as pretty as your curls. So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete