Monday, June 4, 2012

Say Cheese!

This morning I have a date with the lovely Michelle Davidson Argyle to have my author photo taken. I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but I'm so nervous. The words "will be on book covers in THREE separate countries" keep floating through my head and making me feel all floofy and nauseous.

Goals: Show up, look cute, smile on cue, don't look like an idiot, don't hide behind strangers, don't trip over self...I mean, it's asking a lot. Especially from me.

On top of that, I got a bad sunburn last week, but only in certain spots -- so my skin is currently rocking a definite polka-dot pattern. Not to mention the incident where my new kitten bit my eyelid and gave me a miniature black eye.

Come on, people. There is only so much that makeup can help with.

Aaaanyway, if you wouldn't mind throwing a few *be cute* thoughts in my general direction this morning, I'd very much appreciate it.

And I loved the suggestions I got from my post last week. Several upcoming posts are ruminating as we speak. If you didn't get a chance to ask a question, pop on over and bring it!

Also, tomorrow I have a fun announcement and on Wednesday, we'll be having a guest post from the lovely Elana Johnson! So come back and say hi!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, I hope the pics go well. Don't be nervous, you'll be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *throws good vibes* Be cute! Be cute!

    Goodluck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for photoshop, so you can get rid of the black eye. Just smile pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: your author photo - just be yourself. I hate when YA authors look too stony or intimidating...I think that they should look natural as themselves (like, I want to meet them not be scared of them!). I always know that I am going to take a ton of silly photos before my real author photo. Well if I ever get anything agented/published, lol. :-) I'm just a silly person-that's who I am. :)

    Also....an announcement......and a guest post by Elana Johnson! SQUEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm sure your pics will turn out great! Try not to stress about the imperfections too much. I agree with Rachel; I'd rather see an author who looks natural than overly made up with a strange pose. A genuine smile does wonders :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't you just use your blog picture?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your photo! It sounds exciting but I know I'd be nervous too!

    ReplyDelete