Friday, July 20, 2012

Forward Momentum

In publishing, there are times where it seems that everything is happening at once. And there are times when it feels like nothing is happening at all and you're just sitting there, waiting on a query, or on sub, or for your book to come out...

We do a lot of waiting.

I just wanted to use today to say -- enjoy the journey. The slow and the fast all rolled into one. Each step or leap moves us forward. Every bit of it sculpts us into the person we will be tomorrow.

What is your favorite part of your journey this summer?

3 comments:

  1. Great reminder. I needed this. Since I'm still in the querying stage, it can get pretty frustrating (and it drags on and on....), but it's all part of it. My favorite part of the journey this summer came last week with my first R&R. Even if nothing happens with that agent, I think it's pretty cool how they helped inspire my best round of revisions yet, and I love my story even more now.

    And thanks for the help to make my query rockin' in the first place! It worked! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome Kristin! Oh, an R&R IS very exciting! Can't wait to hear what happens next for you! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I actually got a R&R from another agent earlier this week too... but her ideas were completely different from the first agent, and I'm not sure I click with them. I'm still pondering what I want to do about it. Funny how different opinions are from one agent to the next!

      Delete