Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Confession...My Kryptonite

Many writers struggle with action scenes. Some have a hard time with pacing or plot structure.

My weakness is the scenes with all the kissy-kissy.

It's not that I don't like it. My stony heart goes all pitter-patter over the romance just like most readers. For some reason though, it's my least favorite scene to write. I'd rather write a bloody brawl or a scary graveyard scene than a smoochie scene any day of the week.

But I recognize this and I've worked very hard on it. I finally feel like I can write a good make-out session with the best of them, but it's still isn't easy for me.

So now you know, kissing is my kryptonite. What is yours?

13 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'd have to say I have the opposite problem! Kissing scenes aren't a problem but action scenes are a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seems to be more common in YA writers. I think I'm the odd man out. :)

      Delete
  2. Kissing scenes are my kryptonite too! I LOVE them but I find them so hard to write. Are they detailed enough? Too OTT? Have they happened too soon? Not soon enough? They have so much potential to be cringe-worthy that I agonise over every word of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why am I not surprised that we share the same weakness, Emma? I'm thinking our books might be similarly dark and twisty also. :)

      Delete
  3. Romance is definately my weakness too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, good to know I'm not alone in this.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love writing the romance bits! My biggest issue is just knowing where to start the story. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I had that problem with my first couple of books too, Kristin. It seems to have improved with time though, if that helps. :)

      Delete
  5. Er...endings! There are so many choices. Which one is the strongest?? Round 100 of revisions, and I am still finding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah, I feel for you there. Writing is definitely an evolution. Good luck finding yours! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'm terrrrrible at kissing scenes. I much prefer almost-kissing scenes.

    Maybe I've been married too long, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! The downsides of having a career where you have to think - and write - about kissing. Oh, and I'm with Jordan - almost-kissing scenes are SO much more fun! All that electricity, that pull, that tension. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I love writing the romance bits!!!!!!!!!!!




    Buy Sexy Lingerie

    ReplyDelete